Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what have you found while hunting >

what have you found while hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what have you found while hunting

Old 04-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what have you found while hunting

My cousin was out spring turkey hunting and also found a dead guy. Although this guy wasn't in a suitcase but rather leaning against a tree with the top of his head blown clean off. Turns out he killed himself and thought a high powered rifle under the chin would take the cake. My cousin said he was pretty rotten as his hip bones were starting to rot through his jeans andthe top of hishead was blown offfrom the bottom of the eye sockets up. We got back to camp and my cousin had left us a note that said (roughly) "Was out hunting and found a dead guy. I had to take the cops so I'll be back in awhile, the beer's in the fridge".
Old 04-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found peace and sanity.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:20 PM

the ones about the dead guys are the two best....especially the suitcase one.that is extremely crazy....almost hard to beleive. I have never seen a dead body, (eccept for a funeral or two) but i bet it is spooky. The guys head was gone? too wild. those are some great stories.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: geterdun

The guys head was gone?
well, not the entire head of course but most of the top portion from the eyes up. He said it was more like a bowl at that point.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Site Buck Guru

20 something years ago, I was gun hunting for deer in northern Wis. and I was taking a shortcut across some land I didn't have permission to be on. I was trying to avoid going through the middle of a large tag alder swamp. At the half way point of my "shortcut", I came across a dead cow, complete with bell around the neck and a fresh gun shot wound on its side. I peeled back into the swamp as fast as I could and never went back. I couldn't believe that someone could do something like that and I certainly didn't want to take the blame for it.[:-]
Old 04-04-2006, 04:15 PM

I'll give a little more detail of the "suitcase" story. My cousin knocks on my door the evening before shotgun opener and says " I found a suitcase just over the bank of the road and somethings not right!" I said "well did you open it?" "No, I tried to drag it up to the road, but something ain't right." So we ride over there and by now it's dark. We park, walk down the road with flashlights, jump down the bank to the suitcase. I tried to move it, but it was too heavy. I find the zipper and open it up. The first thing I see is black hair (the top off his head). I open it up a little more and see his FACE! I said " IT'S A DEAD GUY!!" My cousin nearly faints and says "HOLY $hit, I knew something wasn't right". Seeing a dead guys face by flashlight is quite a experience. The guy was stuffed in there with his knees up to his chest. He had on a shirt and pants, no shoes. It was about 20 degrees out. He had only been there less than 24 hrs. because he wasn't an ice cube yet. Anyway after that it was all down hill. The authorities kept us there for hours answering questions. About a year later he was still unidentified, but cause of death was heroine and alcohol. Partying a little too hard I guess, and his buddies didn't want him around after he croked.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's nasty
Old 04-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

that would definitly be a shocker to find!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:01 PM

found my favorite camoflauged butt pad, deer call. grandpa found a dead guy once too. also, some of the best places as far as scenery goes to relieve myself in.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Found..
Bottle of Cover Scent
1 carbon Red Head Arrow 31"
1 complete boar skull
1 fossilized gator jaw
old root beer bottle
Turkey Shooting Back Pack and Chair Combo
1 camoflauged glove

Chuck7

Quick Reply: what have you found while hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.