Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Albino bucks

Old 03-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Albino bucks

Don't end like this guy. Shooting a neighbors pet????????????

http://www.ashland-wi.com/dailypress/index.php?sect_rank=1&story_id=207914[/align][/align]

Charges being considered in albino deer slaying
By RICK OLIVO
The Daily Press
Thursday, December 01st, 2005 09:05:01 AM

A Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Conservation game warden's report has been turned over to the Bayfield County District Attorney in the investigation of the shooting of a mature albino deer buck during the gun deer season.
Under Wisconsin law, it is prohibited to shoot albino deer or white deer which are entirely white except for the hooves, tarsal glands head or parts of the head.
According to DNR warden Mark DiSalvo, the matter is still under investigation and no charges have yet been filed against anyone.
"Hopefully in the next couple or three days something will happen," he said. "We are still in the process of looking at the charges. It's not a simple either or situation. We are exploring options on that."

DiSalvo confirmed that an albino deer had been shot is the Cable area near Crystal Lake on November 21. He declined to identify the suspected shooter pending the filing of charges, and also declined to say if more than one person was suspected in the incident.
DiSalvo said many residents of the Crystal Lake area were "up in arms" over the shooting of what many residents had come to regard as a neighborhood pet.
"I am hearing about it, so we are proceeding with this thing to bring it to the best possible closure we can," he said.
Bayfield County District Attorney Craig Haukaas said he could add little to the information available on the matter.
"At this point the matter has been referred to me. We are continuing the investigation and will make a decision as to whether criminal or civil charges will be filed within the next week to 10 days," he said.
Haukaas said his office was considering options that included civil forfeiture for illegal possession of a deer, as well as possible criminal charges.
Haukaas acknowledged that there was considerable ire among local residents over the shooting.
"It wasn't a good thing to do and a lot of people over in the Crystal Lake area are pretty angry," he said. "They have watched this thing grow up for a lot of years."
A Cable resident, Linda Krajenka, said she and other neighbors have been admiring the albino buck for the past nine years, and they are upset about the shooting.
"There's absolutely no reason for that," she said.
No hunter had an excuse for shooting it because "there's no brown on him at all," she said.
Daily Press reporter Andrew Broman contributed to this report.

Buck was a favorite of Crystal Lake residents

[/align]
Old 03-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

No problem. Down here we don't make them pets....we make them dinner.....LOL.

-john
Old 03-30-2006, 03:23 PM

right on tx !!!! i think its stupid to have one as a pet i rather have it for supper . stupid laws they come up with !!!
Old 03-30-2006, 06:45 PM

Most animals have the ability to be Albino. An albino can breed to other species. Albino trait is a recessive trait meaning two genes need to be present to get an albino. Albinos have no skin pigment at all making them white. The only reason there eyes are red is because they have blood vessels in their eyes. There eyes are sensitive to sunlight, and they cant see very well. They also dont live long in the wild because they cant see and they stand out and have no camoflage to hide them against predators. I dont see why states protect these animals because they just make more albinos and this can weaken the deer herd, because they can have other mutations in their body like a weak heart, bad lungs, etc.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:39 AM

ORIGINAL: TX_Hoghunter

Wolf651 why is a law that protects an inferior animal good?

-john
Could you get any more ignorant? Seriously man, just because an animal is inferior does not mean it has to die. While sure they may pass on some recessive traits that are not the best to the deer herd, what is the difference. The overpopulation of deer right now is out of hand and something small like an albino will not even hurt the population.
Also who are you to judge what is an inferior animal? We do not go killing every person who is suffering from a mental illness or permanent handicapped just because they are inferior to the majority our the population that is abled bodied?
Old 04-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Dominant Buck

No problem. Down here we don't make them pets....we make them dinner.....LOL.

-john

Old 04-09-2006, 05:36 PM

The buck you're referring to...Buffalo Cty, WI? Out toward the Cream area? I have a feeling I know the deer you're talking about.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

pictures?

Old 04-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: lildevock

-john
Could you get any more ignorant? Seriously man, just because an animal is inferior does not mean it has to die. While sure they may pass on some recessive traits that are not the best to the deer herd, what is the difference. The overpopulation of deer right now is out of hand and something small like an albino will not even hurt the population.
Also who are you to judge what is an inferior animal? We do not go killing every person who is suffering from a mental illness or permanent handicapped just because they are inferior to the majority our the population that is abled bodied?
I know how about you kiss my arse.....Instead of calling me ignorant why don't you go to a library (its a place where they keep books) and find someone to read you one on genetics. Once they explain it tou you why don't you come back and join the conversation.

-john
Old 04-11-2006, 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: lildevock

-john
I know how about you kiss my arse.....Instead of calling me ignorant why don't you go to a library (its a place where they keep books) and find someone to read you one on genetics. Once they explain it tou you why don't you come back and join the conversation.

-john
How would reading a book on genetics have anything to do with your idea of killing an inferior animal? And if you care to hate on my college education, i would sure love to know where you acquire your knowledge. And reading a book on genetics would not explain **** on why an animal in your eyes that is inferior has to die. Maybe the law is there because something that is so rare should be observed by all who see it and treasured.

Quick Reply: Albino bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.