Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Albino bucks

Old 04-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Albino bucks

I have a BS in Agricultural Economics from Texas A&M University. I also have about 36 hours of Grad school. While I have worked for the same computer company for the last 14 years I grew up raising animals and have probably forgotten more about it then you will ever know. Most albinos are genetically inferior animals. Please explain to me why a hairbrained law protecting an inferior animal is good for the population. You started this by calling me ignorant. Show me your IQ by answering the question....

-john
Old 04-11-2006, 09:37 PM

The fact it's genetics weaker is by all means true, lighter skin will make it stick out more to predators, and possible health complications was something mentioned earlier i do not know the extent that the fact it is albino could effect that but i'll go along with it because i do not know how being albino effects and animals vitals.
However, how often do you see an albino? If you have, fine thats great. But the greater majority of the hunter population, or population in general never has and probably never will. That is most likely the backbone of why the law protecting albino's was created. Is this a good law? Honestly, I do not believe so. But lawmakers passed it for a reason, and it is not that hard to understand why they would want to protect such a rariety.
The chromosomes that caused this animals genetics to mutate differently from the pack and produce an animal that has the recessive albino trait is something that in the long run will cause the animal to not survive in the wild as long as a "normal" deer would.
However, now that you have stated you have a B.S in Agricultural Science from a well known university. Please answer this; Albino is a recessive trait, we know this through evolution because otherwise there would be tons of albino's running around the woods. So, you're well educated. What happens when the recessive trait (albino trait)mates with a dominant trait (brown hair, non albino). The result is and normal deer. If the other deer is Ab recessive, and the albino is BB, the result is gonna most likely be an piebald. I have a feeling you'll agree with me on that on how genetics work.
On top of that, due to the albino's weaker vitals and sense's, they will not survive as long in nature do to predators. It's how evolution works, survival of the fittest, I am also sure since you have you're BS you are well aware of that and Darwin's theories. (Since it is now illegal to teach that in public highschools, and few are have the privilege to attend private school).
Honestly, I do not agree with that law. If i was out hunting and an albino strolled through, i would want to take it. However, that is just my opinion of the law. Why some states choose to enforce that law is their decision, and it is understandable why they do so. Through evolution the albino's will eventually work themselves out of the "gene pool". I'm sorry if you took offense to me calling you ignorant, however I can understand why some states governments would want to protect such a rare creature. Hopefully this argument will make you realize I am not just some idiot who thinks they know everything. I made my case and supported it with facts. Everyone is entitled to their opions and personal ethics, that is just another factor that makes humans stick out among every other animal. I understand you are entitled to yours' just like everybody else is. It is just my opinion that just because an animal is albino does not mean it has to die (from a hunter) in order to prevent it from harming the rest of the herd.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just too stir the pot. But just b/c and animal is special (albino) shouldn't mean that you have watch it and not shoot. Herd management is taking out the weaker genes(unwanted) and ensuring that next years crop will be strong, and taking of mature deer(I'm not an expert). Correct me if I'm wrong but TX is almost the capitol of whitetail herd management. What if they told you that you were not allowed to shoot any deer w/ racks larger than 3x3..... in your area? Just because anything bigger was 'special'? Where I live every deer is special.... they can survive through winter 6months of the year and mosquitoes the size of small helicopters the rest. And I hunt big woods.... 100sqkm of swamp and forest..... everybodies viewing pleasure , the only people out there are deer hunters and wood-cutters(most of whom hunt, mostly does in my area)who else is going to see an albino deer where I hunt. If I see one this year, it may never live to see another human. At least if I shoot it they'll see it in the paper. My 2 cents
It is legal here to shoot albino deer but illegal to bait or hunt w/in 800m of any standing crop. Sport?, Put that in your smoke and pipe it.LOL
Old 04-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Lildevock that was a very good response. I wish our discussion had started that way. I never said that it had to be killed. I stated that the law protecting it was insane. I could care less if someone shoots it that is their personal choice. I just don't like it when the choice is taken away from the individual by the local government for absolutely no good reason.

-john
Old 04-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

i think you should be able to shoot them there discrimnating them poor animals hehe. If i were when that deer comes under your tree stand a would rambo it.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with Tex,stpid law.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:42 PM

here is a picture of a huge albino buck:
http://www.whitetailworld.com/trophyroom/deer/unique-pictures/15/Image.aspx

it is huge! if this was illegal to shoot, most guys would have to think about it atleast for a minute anyway.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:40 PM

Small world... That buck actually spends a lot of his time on a freind of mines farm in Buffalo co Wisc. My buddy has one matched set of sheds from him and a single from a different year. We see that buck every year up there. I don't have any pic's of that buck, but I video taped a bunch of white deer in South Eastern Wisc where I live. Mostly white phase, but a few true albinos. Here are some of mypic's...

Albino..

Same buck a different night...

Old 07-01-2006, 09:50 PM

Here is a white phase buck I filmed in Dousman Wi.( White phase have black eyes and nose, albino's are pink)

Filmed this one near Fort adkinson Wisc.

Filmed this white doe near Helenville Wisc.

Here are 3 white deer, two adults each with a fawn, one brown, one white. Also filmed in Helenville.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:54 PM

Here is a nice close up of a white doe I filmed near Jefforson Wisc. Notice you can see the black nose.. Not pink.

Quick Reply: Albino bucks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.