Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need help with a debate....

Old 03-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need help with a debate....

I am sure that you've found in your reading that debating ethics is battle that never sees a winner. Simply meaning we each follow a set or standard that we believe to be ethical or right for ourselves. In terms of baiting a lot of it boils down to legal vs illegal. Those that have the choice may say yeah or neah but those who don't will mostlikely side with the neah crowd. Their are manytechniques/items that may fall into this category, too many to start naming them all. In the end the hunter must chosehis/her path and is certainly entitled to his/her opinion for doing so. However that all it is!

Basically you believe/do/stick with whatever you feel inside and don't worry about joe x,y & z. I'd suggest you say your peace and agree to disagree, just based on personal experience such battle see little progress..hence why 30 plus pages are circling around this very same issue.

Good Luck
Old 03-23-2006, 01:55 PM

I hunt by any legal means possible. If it is legal to bit then so be it. If it is not legal to bait I will try some extra deer urine or decoy etc. In my personal opinon baiting is no different than using camoflauge if it is legal to do so in your state.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:05 PM

It was not my intion to bring up a dead horse with this question I should have just used the search feature and found squirrles 36 page poll...I care not either way to each hunter there own style or way. I choose not to even though it is legal here in Texas, but again that is my way not everybody elses. Nothing wrong with it it is just a personal choice. Now I will admit before someone trys to make a big point from other post. I am looking at large scale plots such as 50-100acres food plots on areas of my own land but that is a close as I get to feeders...to me they seem to be too much of hassle to keep up and stocked...