Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Birth Control

Old 03-09-2006, 04:15 PM

Default RE: Deer Birth Control

So what about cows they are in a penn should we let them out to live a free life??? So then people can hit them with there cars.. stuuupid,,,,,,,,, These people make sick..
Old 03-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't ever click on that organization. There sponsors keep track on the number of hits. There is no way that I want to attribute a damn thing to that organization. I would like to see those tree huggers disrupting one of my hunts, they wouldn't get a second chance. Sorry about straying off the topic, its just a touchie subject with me. How can you reasonably reason with a bunch of idiots? [:@]

Bobby
Old 03-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

dang mauser, gotta love them headshots
Old 03-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeww wwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
dude click on the sheep link and watch the video. nasty no wonder they dont like tht stuff look at the clips they got!
Old 03-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

yep.....headshot on a nice fat doe from this year......sorry if that offended anyone ill remove it if you guys want......i was SICK the passed few days...and on medication and a littttle loopy at the time...i actually forgot about posting that lol..but thats my feelings on the topic....taking the females from highly populated areas is the best birthcontrol there is.....and i put dang good use to all the does i take...and didnt waste an ounce of meat from that one
Old 03-10-2006, 08:06 AM

peta is just another politicaly based whining bunch of hippies. the birth controle of deer . what a joke. you mean we would have people hired to walk around in the woods with a dart gun and shoot does with birth controle. this is too funny. how would the person doin the shooting know he isnt shooting the same deer and causing an overdoseand killing said doe. i read that this was tried in new jersy and it failed miserably and now get this the audabon society (sorry if i mis spelled it) is calling for the killing of overpopulated deer . they are calling for more leniant hunting laws and even for the use of hired sharp shooters to kill deer.seems the overpopulated deer herd is devistating native plants which in tern hurts all animals. the reson hunting isnt controling deer populations is because the laws of most states dont allow the harvesting of an adiquit number of does. or we have laws like no sunday hunting ,no hunting till age 12 having a lottery drawing for tags,or just that the area is all private land that doesnt allow hunting. anti hunting organizations are doing all they can to stop hunting and the truth has never stood in thier way. also the FDA hasnt even aproved the doe birth controle. its still just in its testing stages. so peta who is against testing on animals is supporting testing on these animals. its being conducted in most cases on tame or semi tame deer which as we know is a whole differant animal than a totaly wild deer.PENN AND TELLER had a show about peta where they proved peta is a bunch of hipocrits. also a local peta chapter got in trouble for dumping dead dogs that they had put to death at thier fascilities . so they rescued the dogs then killed them and dumped them in a city dumpster. the peta logic is so flawed they dont even believe it they just screame it because it serves thier purpose. now stars such as dolly parton are peta supporters. i could swear last time i saw dolly she was wearin leather boots. pamela anderson is a peta supporter in several pictures and movies i have seen her in leather . seems funny . i guess we can kill the ugly animals. you never see a 300 lb hog or an 8 foot aligator or a 6 ft rattler on a peta poster. also i like the pic of the headshot . didnt waste a bit of meat. way to go.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:24 AM

i wrote a letter to that fact sheet.......this was it
Why Sport Hunting Is Cruel and Unnecessary

Duck hunters in Louisiana persuaded the state wildlife agency to direct $100,000 a year toward “reduced predator impact,” which involved trapping foxes and raccoons so that more duck eggs would hatch, giving hunters more birds to kill.8 The Ohio Division of Wildlife teamed up with a hunter-organized society to push for clear-cutting (decimating large tracts of trees) in Wayne National Forest to “produce habitat needed by ruffed grouse.”9

If left unaltered, the delicate balance of nature’s ecosystems ensures the survival of most species. Natural predators help maintain this balance by killing only the sickest and weakest individuals. Hunters, however, kill any animal they would like to hang over the fireplace—including large, healthy animals who are needed to keep the population strong.

Even when unusual occurrences cause temporary animal-overpopulation problems, natural processes quickly stabilize the group. Starvation and disease are unfortunate, but they are nature’s way of ensuring that healthy, strong animals survive and maintain the strength of the entire herd or group. Shooting an animal because he or she might starve or become sick is arbitrary and destructive.

“hunters seem unfamiliar with their firearms and do not have enough respect for the damage they can do.”24

There are 20 million deer in the U.S., and because hunting has been an ineffective method to “control” populations (one Pennsylvania hunter “manages” the population by clearing his 600-acre plot of wooded land and planting corn to attract deer), some wildlife agencies are considering other management techniques.25 Several recent studies suggest that sterilization is an effective, long-term solution to overpopulation. A method called TNR (trap, neuter, and return) has been tried on deer in Ithaca, N.Y.,26 and an experimental birth-control vaccine is being used on female deer in Princeton, N.J.27 One Georgia study suggested for 1,500 white-tailed deer on Cumberland Island concluded that “herd size in closed populations can be regulated in the field relatively quickly if fertile and sterile animals can be identified … and an appropriate sterilization schedule is generated.”28

To combat hunting in your area, post “no hunting” signs on your land, join or form an anti-hunting organization, protest organized hunts, and spread deer repellent or human hair (from barber shops) near hunting areas. Call 1-800-448-NPCA to report poachers in national parks to the National Parks and Conservation Association. Educate others about hunting. Encourage your legislators to enact or enforce wildlife protection laws, and insist that nonhunters be equally represented on wildlife agency staffs.

Hi my name is Jay P, I’m 13, and I’m a hunter from CT I was looking on your website because I do support some of your reasons. Mainly animal cruelty. However hunting and fishing is not animal cruelty. You say that let nature take its course and most of the spices will survive. I would like to have all species to live so my great great grand kids will be able to see and experience what I have. I would enjoy them being able to hunt fish and enjoy the outdoors. While I was glancing through this article I was deeply disturb at some of the things it included. I’ve pulled out some of the info, which I found as false and not right. First I’m a big duck hunter and when I saw this about Louisiana duck hunters I was shocked. I’m positive that they would help the eggs so in the future the ducks don’t become extinct. Yes they would be hunted but if they are hunted in large numbers instead of only a few ducks of that spices it’s a win win situation. The reason it is because animal activist will be able to enjoy the birds while hunters will have more game and be able to have the flocks in proportion.
Next it is very disturbing that you would want only most of the species would survive. That would also relate in over population and not to be rude when the deer’s are everywhere and my car gets wrecked you guys can pay for it because you say its wrong to kill them.
The overpopulation is not unusual the reason is DEER ARE OVERPOPULATED, in most states. And shooting an animal to prevent others from starving then using the meat and other parts of the animals you shoot is not wrong.
This really gets me mad and everyone I know mad. Hunters take a course that last over 3 weeks preparing them to hunt. After the course is over a test will be given and if you don’t score an 80 or above you must retake the course and test. Saying we have no respect is false. Anytime I go out hunting on public land I take all the trash I take out and anything else, which is littering the woods. And hunters feeling unfamiliar with their firearms is something I don’t understand please explain it to me in detail.
Doing the neuter thing and birth control is stupid. Reason being it’s unnatural and could cause horrible side affects. Reason is the deer would not be able to participate in the rut (time of year does go into heat) and would just not be balanced.
Last I understand no hunting signs and all that and I’m used to them, but when you bring human hair into the equation its wrong. Doing that is going to result in a fight. You have no right to harass hunters the way you do by spreading hair over public land. You do have the right to be there but its wrong and discussing that you would do that. Doing that’s only going to drive deer on private land. This private land could be yours and when the deer begin eating your flower, bushes, etc. after a period of time you will get fed up and ask if there is a way to get rid of them and the best way to is bow hunting.

never got back to me.im 14 now
Old 03-11-2006, 01:56 PM

Way to go Jay, their "fact" sheet is full of holes, I can't even believe that they take responsibillity for publishing it. Like we said before, it just goes to show the kind of people we are dealing with here...
Old 03-11-2006, 04:32 PM

thankyou
Old 03-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually if ya think about it, let them spread hair and human scent abound in our hunting areas. The deer will become accustomed to smelling human scent every where and won't be as quick to become alert when they smell us on stand! It might actually might killing more deer easier. THANKS PETA, we need all the help we can get!

Quick Reply: Deer Birth Control

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.