Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

North Alabama Sheds

Old 03-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default North Alabama Sheds

When should I be looking for sheds in North Alabama?I plan on going to a state park soon with lots of bucksbut I don't want to go when there not shedding them.
Thanks,
James

[/align]
Old 03-06-2006, 12:26 PM

Default RE: North Alabama Sheds

I figure that 90% of bucks in Iowa have shed, so yours should start anytime, if they havent already.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

when are you planning on going?
Old 03-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey bamar hurtin, last year deer comming around here, our back pasture, still had horns thru march, i seen somethin the other day i was goin to try and get a pic of, i had 3 young bucks, a 6pt and 2 spikes come out together, i thought that was kind of odd for them to be together right now, just 2 weeks ago i saw a 6 or 8 ( should have been anyway, one side was sheeeeered offf[:@]at the skull) running a doe, go figure[&:],

take care man, keith
Old 03-06-2006, 06:39 PM

I've picked up 3 fresh sheds so far this year in central AL. Here, the older or more run down deer will usually start shedding in mid-February. Some of the younger ones might hold onto their horns until April or sometimes even May. My suggestion would be to go ahead and start looking. We don't have long until spring green up and it gets really tough then. Good luck.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Man Keith it must be nice to set and watch deer out your back door.Do you ever find any sheds laying in your yard?

Treehunter,I plan on going here real soon.In the next week or so.I'll probably start looking now like shaftnem said.I'm going to the mountain this Saturday and i'll probably do a little looking then.
Thanks for the replies fellas.
James

[/align]
Old 03-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BamaHuntin

Man Keith it must be nice to set and watch deer out your back door.Do you ever find any sheds laying in your yard?

Treehunter,I plan on going here real soon.In the next week or so.I'll probably start looking now like shaftnem said.I'm going to the mountain this Saturday and i'll probably do a little looking then.
Thanks for the replies fellas.
James

[/align]
Keith has it made like a two pecerd billy goat ...all he has to do is just set on that back porch ..rocking ...sippin on sumthin cool ...and watch those deer ...man oh man when I grow up I want to be just like him

dd
Old 03-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

I hear ya DD.Some people just got it made like that.M.T.Hands,your just theman!!!
James

[/align]
Old 03-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

too bad momma won't let him shoot any of them.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:57 PM

I found one in mid December. Horns are long gone here![&:]

[/align]

Quick Reply: North Alabama Sheds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.