Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 did everyone have a good huntin season >

did everyone have a good huntin season

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

did everyone have a good huntin season

Old 03-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: did everyone have a good huntin season

one doe
Old 03-06-2006, 05:55 PM

Indiana had a record year this year. But, i did not contribute to that any. Opening morning saw a huge 9 on the other side of the fence and he slipped in the woods just outta range of my shotgun so i let him walk,also passed a 4 pointer that my dad later shot. And also 8 does. didnt see anything next day. Next weekend missed a monster 12 that my uncle shot at and missed. Saw many deer but was never presented a shot.

Me, my dad, my 2 uncles and my cousin hunt 180 acres of good land in northeastern Indiana that usually produces a few good bucks and as many does as we want. We only took 2 deer off the property this year.

Turkey is starting soon though so hopefully i can make up for lost ground.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

My best season ever:
8 pt. and 7 pt. with my 270. The 7 pt. my 8 year old boy was right next to me for it and saw it all happen at 10 yards away..
8 pt. and 5 pt. with my 1100, first time in my life using a shotgun with success. I've got all my gun deer by rifle until this year.
Nubbin with my bow. Had to shot a baldy to "earn a buck" in Wisconsin. I donated to local food banks 2 of the deer and gave 2 more to relatives.

Old 03-06-2006, 07:00 PM

This year was great! I have shot all my dear so far with my CB and this year I shot a busted rack 8 pointer with my knight inline. But what was great was my dad got back into hunting this year so I got to spend alot of time with him. And to top it off this was my nephews second year hunting, he is thirteen, and he shot a dandy eight pointer with my 870 express and a cow of a doe with my knight inline. A great year!!
Old 03-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had a great season for killing the biggest deer of my life along with my dads bigggest the 8 pter was mine and the 7 pter was his
Old 03-06-2006, 07:52 PM

wyotimberghost , sorry for not respondin quicker but i been busy all weekend .i gave 10 of them to the local food banks for the needy like i have been the last few years ,i gave one to a friend who dont hunt and the others i kept for myself and my kids .i give most my hogs to them to .
Old 03-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Spike

I had a pretty good season, ended up with two, one doe, one buck a 9pt with 20 3/4" spread, got them both with a shotgun, first ones I've ever gotten with a shotgun. Heres a pic of the 9pt

Old 03-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Site Buck Guru

Nice buck, jwill.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Typical Buck

nice buck jwill. i had a fair season 1 bear about 300lbs, one 8 point and two hogs
Old 03-07-2006, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

I had the best season ever. last year I decided that there were way too many does and declared war on them. I shot four does in archery and six in gun. I shot one button buck that was badly wounded by someone else, and one by mistake. my buddy shot one doe in archery and a kid up the street shot to year and a half old bucks that I passed on a number of times. soooo, I killed 12 deer off of sixty acres.

Quick Reply: did everyone have a good huntin season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.