Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 did everyone have a good huntin season >

did everyone have a good huntin season

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:04 PM

Default RE: did everyone have a good huntin season

i gave 10 of them to the local food banks for the needy like i have been the last few years
ORIGINAL: scmtnhnter
Thats pretty neat. Do you know if food banks in all states will accept wild game? Do you have to butcher the deer for them or just skin it out? I had the chance to go shoot four deer in the norther part of the state, but I knew we were already going to get a bunch of elk so I didn't do it. If I had know that I could have helped out the needy by doing it I would have bought the tags and filled them. What a neat idea!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Spike

WYOMING

Sportsmen Against Hunger, Herb Hazen, 307-733-2530, Western

Christen Food Store House, Hunters for the Hungry, Cindy Pfisterer, 307-856-6603

A quick search turned this up. I'm not sure what the processing requirements are, just call and ask, I'm sure they'll help you out. They're actually proposing to add a dollar or two to our license fees here in VA to cover processing costs for Hunters for the Hungry.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep had a pretty good year ..here my trophy wall

dd

Old 03-08-2006, 11:21 AM

NO!!!!!!!

I worked my butt off this year and still came home empty handed. It was the worst season I have ever had the displeasure of hunting. It was cold, snowy/sleeting, and I spent every second I could out their. All I saw on our property was a doe with her fawn, that it. Our creeks dried up in July and the deer moved on. I even hunted some public land pretty hard, and only saw a button buck. And let me tell you, that little guy was closer to death than he could ever know.LOL

But the creeks are now holding water, and the deer are coming back. Hopefully it will last through the summer.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep. I got my eight Mulies. It was a good season.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:28 PM

i got my first this year. a doe i had to run down because she was wounded so i counted that as unfair(broken leg, in heat, had a buck on her)then i got a nine poiter fairly to me...dad also got his firsst deer in five years which was a spike

Old 03-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

I had a great season, best so far, I think becuz I went solo ( loner ). I killed 7 deer 2 bucks and 5 doe. seen all kinds of activity, fighting rutting grunting etc. cant wait till next yr.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:28 PM

For my first season ever it was a blast, 4 does, a spike and a decent 8 pointer
Old 03-09-2006, 12:08 AM

My first deer was this past season, 3X3 blacktail. Not a monster, but just about average for the ones you would see around here. Meat is already gone!
Try to arrow one next year...

Old 03-09-2006, 01:16 AM

ORIGINAL: jwill
Christen Food Store House, Hunters for the Hungry, Cindy Pfisterer, 307-856-6603
Thanks, jwill! This helps a lot. I know Cindy, so I'll have to talk to her. What a coincidence. HA!

Quick Reply: did everyone have a good huntin season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.