Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

shed hunting

Old 03-02-2006, 07:23 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Default shed hunting

Has anyone been out looking forsome sheds. Have they shed in your area.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:19 PM

Default RE: shed hunting

I was all over looking for sheds all weekend. I bet I hit ten different locations. I also looked at many different ones, but just didn't find that "right" one to bring home. I didn't think it would be that tough to find what I wanted. So this weekend I'm gonna try Home Depot, and a few local hardware stores and see what I can "find".
Old 03-02-2006, 08:20 PM

I've gone out a couple of times, but only short trips and not that serious. The deer have already been dropping here for a while, though. My shed hunting partner (my cousin) has been going on long trips at least once a week and hes already started a small pile of antlers, but none of them have been fresh drops. He went out again today but he hasn't come back yet. Mabye he found some fresh ones today.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found 6 so far this year. 3 fresh and 3 old. I think not all have lost their horns, saw some w/ antlers the other day. But I try to get out as much as i can.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:08 AM
neb
Typical Buck

I have been outa few times not for that long of time but have nothing. I know most of the deer here have dropped but no luck here. I don't have the best of luck at anytime when looking for sheds. I'm in the right area and see and know where they are at but have very little luck. I think people get in before me most times so it ususlly is a nice walk for me.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out for a few hours Sunday Afternoon along with my brother and his girl friend.
Didn't find any...
Erin( the girlfriend) won't be going back....
She enjoyed the first hour of hiking glassing searching around but 5?

Old 03-03-2006, 01:21 PM

here in ny the sheded,, i found 1
Old 03-03-2006, 02:53 PM

I'll be out tomarrow scoutting for next season, should be able to find some....hopefully!!
Old 03-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

The first one I found this year was right behind my house. It was from 2 years ago and is about a 145" 10 pointer. Here's neat part about it. My friend found the match to it last year about 1/4 mile away and the tines were half chewed off...mine was in 10 times better shape. Here's where it gets interesting though, this set that we accumulated (from the 2003 season) was from a deer that one of our friends shot Oct. 1 2005 which scored around 194" typical!

Also found the biggest shed I've ever found.....was walking some lake shores trying to get to the spot intended with the same friend mentioned above. He's walking in front of me and I see him trip, I look down and see a huge antler tangled up on his foot. Then I look over and 3 ft. to the left was the match. This was about a 175" 11 pt.!

The other sheds so far this year is a very small 8 pt. side, and about 150" 10pt. set (laying right next to each other, no chew marks, etc.) plus a fork horn skull.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:17 PM

GSP LETS SEE SOME PICS.. i love seeing sheds!! especially big ones

Quick Reply: shed hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.