Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone a member of North American Hunting Club???? >

Anyone a member of North American Hunting Club????

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone a member of North American Hunting Club????

Old 02-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone a member of North American Hunting Club????

I just received in the mail a form to join. They claim I will receive items to field test.After the field test I can keep the items. Of course they talk about guns and other items that would make you want to join forsmall monthly dues. They say its only $1 a month the first year. They say nothing about the dues after that. They make it sound really exclusive. Is anyone out there a member? If so, what has been your experience with the club? Any feedback would be great.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone a member of North American Hunting Club????

I am a life member for quite a few years .
I like the magazine . IMO the magazine is almost worth the cost of yearly membership .

Over the years I have gotten bothso so and good things to test .

I got some dentail floss type wind indacator ( $1.50 retail ) , that works good .
I also have gotten several boxs of Hevi Shot before it was out on the market .
Had the gamewardens scratching their heads , no one had seen it yeat .

Some stuff that I tested and thru away , never saw the stuff hit the market , because it needed big time rework .

I just got a High $$ 12 gau muzzelloader to test with a bunch of goodies .

I never saw anything to test the first year or 2 .

IMO not a bad deal for the membership .

If you join , on the form for test products you can use .
If you do more that 1 type of hunting , you will get to test more .
I Bow hunt , big game , varmit , duck and goose , muzzel loader and camp .

Johnch

Old 02-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was a member for a couple of years.I received no products to test despite inquiring an a couple of occaisions.Then when I gave up my membership,I was pestered for almost a year to resubscribe.I will neve be a member again.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Dominant Buck

My experience with them has been similar to Johnch's , and I've had few complaints . I have also received products to test , some good , some not . One thing that trips people up about the product tests is that there is a specific proceedure to follow when you test them , a Field Test Profile must be filled out both before and after testing if you want to be considered for future test products . You'll also be in a vey long line due to the large number of members , so be patient . I have received a test product every time I filed a profile , though I've never gotten something as nice as a ML shotgun to test .

I honestly think it's a good deal , I have a gorgeous leather jacket for becoming a lifer , and the magazine alone is worth the dues . I'll never have to worry about price increases for the magazineeither , and it's a pretty good mag. Not bad for a modest $300 investment , some folks spend more than that on their deer lease every year. If the club interests you then try it for a year , the magazine and their members only website alone are worth that .
Old 02-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same experience as Stubble.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I'm a member. I'm not a life member tho. The magazines are definitely worth the membership fees. I haven't tried field testing because you have to be a life member I think (don't quote me on that tho) Also, they are very persistent. I think I've received 3 final notices to become a life member.Great magazine overall. Come on and join us.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Spike

I also had the same experience as stubble.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:26 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: AP deer hunter

I haven't tried field testing because you have to be a life member I think (don't quote me on that tho)
The FTP is open to all members from day one , request and fill out a FTP form and sooner or later you'll get a product . You have to fill out a new form after testing to be considered for another product , something a lot of folks don't seem to understand .
Old 02-23-2006, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a life member. I think it's an all around it's a good deal. The magazine is pretty good. I've tested a few things but I've never bought anything from them.

GH
Old 02-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

I'm a member and for $12 a year it is worth it. The magazine alone makes it worthwhile for me. I received one product so far to field test, a product called "Camp Towels". Basically it was a baby wipe in a sealed package that is intended for cleaning your hands after field dressing a game animal. I'm still holding out for something I really could use, like a crossbow!

Quick Reply: Anyone a member of North American Hunting Club????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.