Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

favorite type of food plot

Old 02-21-2006, 02:29 PM

Default favorite type of food plot

hey fellas-

well, when i do finally get me some hunting land, by either lease or whatever, i want to plant a food plot. what is ur guys' favorite type to plant? what seems to draw in deer more than anything else. thanks again fellas

geter
Old 02-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: favorite type of food plot

My favorite kind of food plot is an all you can eat shrimp buffet!
Old 02-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

you might have some more luck with this in the wildlife management area. a mod might move this there. i like the ones that bring in the deer
Old 02-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

australlian field peas, if they make, the deer around here will destroy them, the best source for your area will be you county ext office or co-op, or a nearby college, they'll know what will grow and what deer like and will be glad to help, i don't know what zone your in[&:]

best of luck, here, a lot of clover, winter wheat, rye, aust. peas and such, dont forget about the deer in the summer, they love corn, but its not the best thing for them, it will put the fat on 'em though
Old 02-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in a farm community and love to hunt corn and beans. If your wanting to plant a small kill plot you will need to do a soil test. Planted alot of food plots and got real success when my pH and fertilization is correct. Had good luck with a clover and sugar beat combo. They also seem to tear up the brassica in my area.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

geterdun, I'm not sure what part of the country you are from but if you have the ability to plant clover, and you want to draw a "load" of deer then plant Ladino clover. We planted it a few years back on some hunting ground and it was unbelievable how many deer it drew in. Good Luck!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:52 PM

I like hunting over clover and alfalfa. I didn't plant it, it is a farmers feild but it works great!I have also heard of buckwheat being planted and it works around here.

[/align]
Old 02-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Clover all the way.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

am trying Teacomote(oops) Ultra Forage will let you know will plant it
this spring hope its a s good as my friends say it is!

Old 02-22-2006, 02:14 PM

thanks guys

once again, thanks alot for ur effort and information. I think i seem to like alfalfa, ladino clover and some beans. Well, im glad i got that out of the way, so once i find my hunting spot, i should be almost good to go. thanks alot guys

geter

Quick Reply: favorite type of food plot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.