HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/133002-whats-wildest-thing-you-seen-shot-deer-do.html)

BEARBUSTER66 02-14-2006 04:43 PM

What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ?

What differentthings have you seen deer do at the moment ofbeing hit by bullet or arrow: mine was this year i shot a doe with my bow and it walked about 10 yards, started feeding and then fell over and never moved..

bob d 02-14-2006 04:53 PM

RE: What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ?

wierdest thing i saw was an elk i shot , at about 15 yards turned ran about ten yards ,he was going to jump into the brush and flipped over on his back dead

Andrew14 02-14-2006 04:58 PM

My uncle had shot a doe and it ran about 10 feet and put its front feet up against a tree and started to scrape it feet on the tree. Almost like climbing the tree but then it fell over after a bout 20secs.

lethalconnection 02-14-2006 05:08 PM

the first elk i ever shot i shot it and it stood there, continued to feed then started to roll down the hill. Seen a deer manage to crawl under a huge pile of dead trees after being shot.

buckstalker1187 02-14-2006 05:13 PM

I seen a buffalo hunt one time on ted nugent's spirit of the wild that reminded me of a whitetail hunt that I experienced. The deer was a very large buck. He came into me from about 90 yards away afterI blowing a doe in heat call. He got to about 55 yards turned broadside and I let a partition gold (12 ga) fly. At first I thaught i missed him because he didnt even move. So I raised up again, fired...once again...he didnt even flinch. I thaught I missed, but thaught it strange.... So took out my binnoculars to see what was going on, and he had two bullet holes in him behind the front shoulders with blood coming out. I heard my father coming through the woods because he heard me shoot. I knew from past experience that a deer will be gone if you start chasing him. Not knowing fully what to do, I quickly put the bead on his spine and I dropped him. I saw my father coming then and got down out of my tree stand. My father shouted to me...did you get him? And thats when I turned around to see this buck wasrunning on his front feet and dragging his back half. Thats when I drew up again and shot him broadside facing the other way this time. When my father got to me he said " man what the hell are you shooting at?" And then we approached the downed animal. As once again to my suprize the deer got up when it seen us coming and started coming for us, STRAIGHT at us[:-]!!!! Thats when I raised once again and blasted him between the front shoulders. when we walked up to him...he picked up his head and looked around at us...like he knew that he was dead and he couldnt get away. with my gun empty...my father placed the muzzle of his winchester 1300 at the base of the buck's skull and shot through its spine and windpipe...And as god is my witness that old buck still took about 6 or 7 breaths.

All these shots where in the vitals and no meat was ruined except a portion of the neck roast...I never take more than 1 shot in most circumstances if I know that it will kill it quickly. In this case I dont know what the hell happened...Has anyone else heard of this before?....Every hunter I talked too said that they never heard of a deer taking 6 shots in vital areas.
he was one tough deer.

squirrelkilla23 02-14-2006 05:29 PM

my doe kicked her legs in the air and almsost went 20ft. on her front legs![&:]

lethalconnection 02-14-2006 05:35 PM

Hey stalker that is pretty incredible ive never heard of anything like that before. A moose me and my buddy shot this year did the same thing it took 6 shots but it was a huge bull moose. That is very weird indeed

buckhunter14 02-14-2006 06:08 PM

I shot a nice 5 point and right after she shot he jumped about 10 feet out into the lake and never moved. weird!

WrackMaster 02-14-2006 06:25 PM

Had a buck start spinning in circles with his rear legs just a going and his front end on the ground.I walked up to try and shoot him again and he got up and took off across a field and he fell over dead after jumping a fence about 100 yards away.

mobow 02-14-2006 06:57 PM

Hauled butt as fast as he could, flip upside down and broadside into a tree........I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of the tree!!