Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ? >

What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ?

Old 02-15-2006, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ?

A few years ago I waited for a group ofdoes to come over some RR tracks when they got over, I selected the largest and drilled her thru w/ a 3-inch Brenneke mag. They all took off back over the RR tracks like a flash of lightning. I could see them bolting into the lower woods against a snow covered ground and then BOOM. I knew she was running dead cause I saw my shot blast thru her perfectly. She runs into a tree at full speed, bounces off, picks herself up and starts running back towards me as she piled up. When I went to check her out, she had impaled and tore her left eyeball out on a branch - yuck.

Another small buck I shot (right behind the shoulder) jumped on the hit and then started aggressively biting at the enterance wound, then taking off slowly running drunkedly in a big half-circle where he just tipped over dead. His mouth and nose were covered in blood. He must have thought it was a biting horsefly or something?
Old 02-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seen a guy shoot at a doe with his slug gun. The deer ran right into a big oak tree after he shot. Got up to the deer and couldn't find a scratch on it. Must have broke its neck when it hit the tree.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

hmmm 3 come to mind for me...first deer ever broadside walking up the hill to my left....boom!...complete sideways flip in the air no joke...got there and the legs were facing away from me....the guy that i was with was shoked...all he could say is he wished he had a videocamera!...last year i drilled a buck that was facing me......he did a complete backwards flip..landed on his back....legs up ready to be gutted!....and last year i shot a doe facing me...i never seen a deer jump so high...straight up about 6 foot....ran 10yds and fell down...all that with a front leg only attached by a piece of hide....
Old 02-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a8 pointquite a few years ago during a swamp drive in theADack's, the buck was on a dead run hit him right in the neck and he ran smack into a big balsam tree, he was moving so fast his horns popped around the tree, we had to go back to camp and get a saw to cut the tree down to get the buck back off without breaking his horns
Old 02-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

The land across from mine is surrounded by a five strand electric fence. The bottom strand is only about 10 inches off the ground. However, deer cross from that property to mine, so i assumed they were jumping the fence. One day, i saw three deer on the land. They started trotting toward the fence. I didn't think that they were building up enough speed to jump it. At the last minute, they sped up, thenscootedUNDER the fence. It happened so fast, it was just a brown blur.I still don't understand howdecent sized deer can get that low.I doubt that i could do it and I'm skinnier than a deer.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:20 AM

Not to weird but kinda cool! A doe I shot a few years back was broad side at ten yards. When I shot se just looked up and then put her head down and started eating again. I thought that I missed, But then she looked back and started sniffing her side and thats when I seen foaming blood on a perfect double lung shot. She put her head downate a few more bites and then sneazed blood out, took about ten steps and then layed down and curled up and died. Most relaxing death I ever saw.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:03 PM

This was pretty orignal i shot a small bull elk this fall and after putting one in his heart i managed to get the camera out to recored this bit i wish i was quicker but u can still here him none the less i guess he was really pissed off maybe he was hoping to be the big dog next fall. http://media.putfile.com/With-one-in-His-Heart
Old 02-15-2006, 04:26 PM

I shot a little 8 point right through the lungs with a slug. He was in a small group of deer that I thought were all does. Right after I shot He hopped, stopped, andlooked at a doe and charged her with his antlers down. He hit her right in the side and both of them went down. The doe got up and took off along with the rest of the deer. The buck struggled a second and died still on the ground.

One of my buddies came when he heard me shoot and thought he would follow the does trail in the snow. After a couple of hundred yards my buddy come upon a spike in a bed and the spike stood up very slowly in what my friend said was very awkward manner. My Buddy shot him and the post mortum didn't show any other wounds. ( other than the huge hole in his shoulder where my buddy shot him.)

My friend didn't see any other tracks other than the group of deer that was at the site of my 8 points death scene. So was the spike the "doe" I saw get charged? Did my buck injure it? Was it a just some random injured deer? of had it been bedded an was just stiff when it tried to stand infront of my buddy? Still was pretty weird situation.

NoKnees
Old 02-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

A doe I shot this year with a bow walked off about 50 yards and just stood there for a while before dying.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:59 PM

someone shot a 4 pointer 2 hours earlier, i saw it walking towards me with its stomach compltley cut open dragging all of its organs on the ground!! idk how they dident fall off or how he lived that long, but then i shot him right in the heart and he took off running another 50 yards... there wasent even any blood to follow cause most of it was poured out.

Quick Reply: What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.