Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ? >

What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ?

Old 02-14-2006, 07:04 PM

Default RE: What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ?

The buck I shot last year stood up on his back legs and then crashed. Not much of a tracking job!!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

shot my first deer jumped str8 up into the air did a back flip and died on the spot all of the others dropped like a bag of hammers on the spot
Old 02-14-2006, 07:35 PM

last year, I shot a 7 point in the shoulder with my .270- he stood straight up on his hind legs and ran off the plot like a person.I have never seen anything like that before!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

buckstalker....i didnt see this happen but its what my dad told me. he shot a spike one time with a 45-70 and it kept running so he got 2 more shots on it. his gun was empty so he got out his 44-40 revolver and started to walk towards it and it started running again. he shot the deer and 3 or 4 shots of the 44-40 hit it but it still kept running. it ended up running past some other hunter in the woods and he shot it with a 7mm mag. it went down. so my dad and the other guy started talking(my dad had reloaded the 45-70 by now). the deer all the sudden got back up and started running my dad shot it again with the 45-70 and it went down that time. so my dad didnt want to take any more chances so he went up to and shot it AGAIN in the neck so make sure it wasnt getting up. sooo it ended up getting shot 5 times iwth a 45-70, 3 or 4 times with a 44-40(i cant remember how many times exactly) and once with a 7mm mag before it died. IMO when this kinda stuff happens, the deer is just running on adrenaline.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Site Buck Guru

Charge right at me after I shot it with my .44 mag. He didn't see me but I didn't know that, so I shot him again at about 5 feet and dropped him right next to me. I swear it was self defense![:-]
Old 02-14-2006, 11:57 PM

When i was just out sittin with one of the guys in our group.....when i was to young to shoot....Hedouble lungshot a 5pt with his '06......the deer took off runnin but only with his hind legs. He put his front lets tight to his belly, and was a snow plow. Just drivin with his hind legs and usin his chest as a "ski." He went about 75 yards. The tracking was easy especially cause he plowed the trail made the foot of snow down to like 4 inches of packed snow!

Pines
Old 02-15-2006, 02:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Turned andstuck its tongue out at me and yells hey stupid I am wearing armor
Old 02-15-2006, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lets just say my Grandpa got lucky....

He's been hunting for 50 years and never killed a deer. Finally this yearI got him in the right place at the right time. He shot a doe at 25 yds..after putting the .308 bullet through a pine tree. (He tried to split two trees, but missed) The doe still got hit with a double lung shot. She traveled 60 yds, and then decided to get us back. Check out where she died...

Old 02-15-2006, 06:29 AM

I had a doe do something similar to 308's Grandpa, but my doe swam about 80 yards into a lake and crawled up on a beaver hut and died. I had to swim out to it as it was over my head deep from all sides.

We had moose die on the wrong side of a lake once, and we tied about 300 feet of rope to it, and I swear my buddy rode it like a wake board across the lake as a 4 wheeler pulled it.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

My friend shot a "10 pointer" with his bow which he said was "lung shot"and he asked me to track it after he lost the blood trail. We tracked it about 1/4 of a mile before we jumped it. He didn't see it but I did and when he asked me where it was I told him it was swimming out in the lake. We couldn't believe what we saw- part of its head and a rack swimming across a lake that was app. 300 yards wide. It stopped on a small island and we went after it in a small paddle boat which almost got swamped as it was only app 8 feet long. We jumped it off the small island(app 60 feet in diameter) and finally killed it about 2 hours later on dry land. It turned out to be a 6 pointer that was gut shot.

Quick Reply: What's the wildest thing you seen a shot deer do ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.