Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING >

WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING

Old 02-14-2006, 11:24 AM

Default WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING

i was deer hunting. it was opening morning and through the woods i saw a deer. standing broadside 50 yards from me was a buck. as i raised my gun to shoot him i breathed hard on my scope and fogged it up. that buck stood there looking at me. then he took of into the woods. all i could do is laugh at myself.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING

I shot my first turkey. I had seen in all the T.V shows how they run up grab the turkey and throw it over their sholder. Well I grabbed mine threw it over my sholder and it started flying while I had ahold of it. It was just the turkeys nerves but I just about crapped myself.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Site Buck Guru

In my early 20's, I was stalking through the woods when I came across a dead raven hanging in the limbs of a small tree. I guessed that the landowner had shot it and hung it there. It was hanging about eye level with its wings stretched out to the sides, like it was on a cross. I was kind of admiring it, it was quite large. I thought it would be cool if I had one of its tail feathers to stick in my hat. I reached out and grabed one of the feathers and gave a big yank. When I did that, it let out a loud..CAAAWWW!!! I almost had a heart attack! I froze kind of shaking, you know, the scared pose. Then I realized that when I yanked the feather, I had compressed its rib cage and forced air through its voice box. I sat down and laughed at myself , all alone in the woods for 20 minutes! I'll never forget that !
Old 02-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

GregH, that is funny. I would have crapped!
Old 02-14-2006, 03:06 PM

this actualy happened to a friend, but I was there. we were doing some late season scouting a few years ago and walked up on a creek. I'd crossed this same creek many times before without any problem, sometimes in this exact spot. BUT, we'd had some snow melt-off and the water was up, way up(you can probably guess where this is going) we kind of give each otherthis "we got this" look, back up a few steps and I take off first, jump my arse off, land on the other side and say "it aint bad"so he takes off, and slips on the edge of the bank and rolls, yes rolls into the swiftly moving creek. it was hilarious. funnier yet was that he got his leg caught under a root and it took him a little to get out of the frigid water.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pooped in my pants
Old 02-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was sitting on a ground blind. I saw a woman in a full floresent orange coverall walking my way. She gets about 20 yards from me looks around and before I knew shat was going on she dropped the coveralls and the rest of her lower clothing and began to relieve herself. After she was done pooping she took care of the paper work, and went to stand up but was stepping on the cover alls and slam bang she fell back into it went to get up again and fell one more time. I was dieing but didn't want to imbarress her. I coulden't help it I laughed out loud. You should have seen her face made me laugh even harder. She was screaming at me "How long you been there" but I coulden't talk I was laughing so hard. She ran off and it made me laugh even harder looking at her 2 tone coveralls. I never saw her again.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Opening day of the youth season I was in a perfect spot. Awesome run way 10 yards away in a super thick swamp. I hear something up in my tree and I look up. 2 fat ole' porcipines mating. Not a good noise!
Old 02-14-2006, 04:36 PM

I can remember a couple times hunting and some rather strange (funny) things happened to me. I remember one time I was huntingsquirrels under some acorn trees on the property. After shooting two squirrels, the woods became quiet and I was looking around up in the trees very carefully for any movement I could see. I noticed something red out of the corner of my eye, but I ignored it, thinking it was just the back drop of one of the hedge rows. So I kept walking untill I got to this ridge where I knew there were more acorn trees. When out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the red again. This time I looked to see what it was and it was a fox. He had been following right along side of me about 15-18 yards away. So thats when i became cautious, so i took one step while keeping an eye on him and he took one step. So then i took 3 more steps ...and so did he...then i took a step back and he did that too!!!!!then I started picking up the pace with a little jog...and sure enough the little foxwas mimickingeverything that I did. It was then that I stopped and took 3 steps toward him and he ran into the bushes , i never saw him again. But it was a pretty neat experience.

Another time when I was hunting whitetails, I was sitting in my treestand and It was about 10 minutes after 1st light when I heard this rustling comingtowards me through the thick brush infront of my stand. My hands grasped my gun tighter as I was expecting that it could be a deer. I could see the bushes starting to spread apart and sway at the tops...my heart was pounding. When all of the sudden out of the bushes appears this really fat raccoon! my heart settled down but I kept my eye on him ...not knowing what would happen next. It was at that moment that the raccoon made his way straight towards my stand. I remained motionless just to see what would happen. Well...what happened was funny....the fat little bugger started to climb up the rungs of my stand....when he got to the second rung from the top I decided to let him know I was there.....man you should have seen his eyes...I was the last thing he was expecting to be up in that tree....he growled and snarled and flew down the rungs like nothin to it...then I just watched him wobble away snarling and growling....I guess this is why I always found coon poop on the base of my stand

This last story I have actually frightened the crap out of me. It was my first year hunting and I was hunting whitetails out of the same stand. I can remember this particular day because we got out in our stands well before first light, as my father and the pastor of the church dropped me off at my stand we heard crashing through the woods and a very prominant snort weeze. My father and the pastor both went to their stands asI watched the light from both of their flashlights fade. It was very cold that morning and I remember being a bit shaken from the snort weeze. So between the cold and the nervousness I was shaking. After about 20 minutes my nerves started to calm down to the point that I was very relaxed. All of the sudden I heard rustilng around and it sounded like it was close by...this noise went on every so often for about the next 20 minutes or so... It didnt sound like a deer, it didnt even sound like it was on the ground at all....It was about this time that the sun was just creeping up enough to make out shapes and shadows of the trees....when I heard this noise again I began looking all around,on the ground, around my treeand thats when I realized that the sound was coming from above me. When I looked up....I could barely make out the figure, and thats when I seen these enormous wings stretch out (at this point I could FEEL my eyes dialate)and thats when this creature swooped down at me and missed my head by about 8 inches.... as I watched this figure fly away through the woods I heard this creatures trademark WHOO! WHOO!! WHOO!!!.... it was an owl...and it scared the crap out of me.... At the end of the day my father and the pastor came to pick me up and asked if I seen any deer...I said no.... Then the pastor said"man, did you guys hear that owl this morning?"....I just replied " yeah I heard em"...

These are the experiences that make hunting fun...oh yeah..the last tuesday of that season, I shot my biggest bodied deer ever...and 8 pointer 239 pounds
Old 02-14-2006, 04:37 PM

Out bow hunting one time and i was walking along this raod and i noticed a grouse about 5 feet away on the ground so i grabbed an arrow and shot.I shot just over the head and the arrow got stuck in a tree and the arrow whipped up then back down and broke the grouses neck.

Quick Reply: WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU WHILE HUNTING

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.