Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How would you like to come up on THIS in the woods?

Old 02-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How would you like to come up on THIS in the woods?

I'm doubting the 91lbs, but by far the largest snale I would EVER wanna see....
Old 02-13-2006, 07:18 PM

I'm glad I live in northern Ohio were its to cold for snakes!! We only have gardner snakes. But if I had a gun I might be ok and just poop! But if I had my CB I"d only have one shot and then I would poop and then die.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 121553

If the diamondback in this picture was over 8 foot in length when it was alive, I personaly would of paid $5,000.00 for it, if it wasn't gassed. Cause I know I can sell it for a minimum of 10.
Bobby,

People would by it to milk for anti-venom ???? or what???

Old 02-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

I'm doubting the 91lbs, but by far the largest snale I would EVER wanna see....
Quote from the auctual artical "This snake was recently found at the old Turkey Creek gas plant
located just south of the Alibates Turnoff on Highway 136 south
of Fritch Texas.
[THAT'S JUST NORTH OF AMARILLO]
A reminder that these creatures are actually out there and no matter
what you believe, sometimes they should get not only prescriptive
rights to be there but the full right of way!

9 feet, 1 inch - 97 lbs.

No matter what anybody else tells you, kill the snake before you try to do anything else to it!
It's the safest way for you and the snake doesn't care anymore.

So its 97lbs not 91 ...

dd
Old 02-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Exact reason right there why I love hunting in MN.....NO FREAKIN SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

If the diamondback in this picture was over 8 foot in length when it was alive, I personaly would of paid $5,000.00 for it, if it wasn't gassed. Cause I know I can sell it for a minimum of 10.
Bobby,

Chad, the venom of an eastern diamondback is hemo-toxin and is used in producing anti-venom for that specie of snake. It has a very short shelf life and is always in demand. The reason the rattler is higher in demand is they don't have a long livitey(sp) in captivity and its higher in demand as to that of a cottonmouth, that I would sell for a buck a foot cause they would become so docile in captivitey and live forever. A 9ft rattler could be milked daily and make big $$$ because of the yield. However the venom in a cottonmouth are used in fighting arthritis and there are other characteristics in other rattlers that posses nero toxin and hemo toxins from the same, one of those being the mojave' rattler(sp?).
The guy from nc who said they have copperheads in nc that size, I will also give you $5,000.00 for a copperhead that size. A copperhead is considered a highland moccasin and the venom is a mild hemo-toxin and usually found up to 5ft in length. I also hunted these in the croaitan national forest in nc and caught some canbrake rattle snakes, that has both toxins.
I would love to come across a 9 foot rattler, as long as I saw it first and I would capture alive an unharmed.

Bobby

Old 02-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

dd, in response to you suggesting to kill the snake being the safest way is auctually most bites are inflicted by people trying to dispose of the snake. Like I said, a 6ft rattler can strike more than 4ft. Also in recommending people to kill a rattler could also be illegal. Why not just leave it be.

Bobby
Old 02-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Wow that's big! We've got cottonmouths, corals, copperheads, and an occasional rattlesnake aroun here. The biggest venoumous snake around here is the cottonmouth which can get 5-6 feet.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:03 PM

I would do what was mentioned earlier. Basically, I would soil myself, and then some more. I've seen a few copperheads before, and where I hunt rattlers get under the house. On the opener last season my uncle was walking around with a flashlight in the dark to turn on the water pump outside when he saw a good four foot rattler coiled up beside it and he stoned it to death. Those are even scary when they're dead! Wow I hate snakes... Let's see those animal rights people fight for their rights...these sure aren't "cute and cuddly."
Old 02-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: 121553

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

Bobby,

Chad, the venom of an eastern diamondback is hemo-toxin and is used in producing anti-venom for that specie of snake. It has a very short shelf life and is always in demand. The reason the rattler is higher in demand is they don't have a long livitey(sp) in captivity and its higher in demand as to that of a cottonmouth, that I would sell for a buck a foot cause they would become so docile in captivitey and live forever. A 9ft rattler could be milked daily and make big $$$ because of the yield. However the venom in a cottonmouth are used in fighting arthritis and there are other characteristics in other rattlers that posses nero toxin and hemo toxins from the same, one of those being the mojave' rattler(sp?).
The guy from nc who said they have copperheads in nc that size, I will also give you $5,000.00 for a copperhead that size. A copperhead is considered a highland moccasin and the venom is a mild hemo-toxin and usually found up to 5ft in length. I also hunted these in the croaitan national forest in nc and caught some canbrake rattle snakes, that has both toxins.
I would love to come across a 9 foot rattler, as long as I saw it first and I would capture alive an unharmed.

Bobby

Interesting stuff. I remember seeing a program on like a 80 year old herpatologist. He looked and moved like he was fifty. He had been bitten bunches of times and that seemingly was almost like a fountain of youth for this guy. wild stuff

Quick Reply: How would you like to come up on THIS in the woods?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.