Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How would you like to come up on THIS in the woods? >

How would you like to come up on THIS in the woods?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How would you like to come up on THIS in the woods?

Old 02-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How would you like to come up on THIS in the woods?

I would do this thing called.......run the other way
Old 02-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

i would freak...........
Old 03-10-2006, 08:57 PM

no thanks but im glad you seen it and killed it before i did. whatpart of texas did you find that in
Old 03-11-2006, 02:14 PM

no thanks ill pass
Old 03-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Dominant Buck

That was a big snake. Last year in the Green Swamp of central FloridaI video taped a pigmy rattler striking my snake boot. Great picture.My 3rd grade students loved it. One day in archery I was leaning on my truck talkingto another archer{an old man full of tales} Out of the blue a large stocky moccassin came right out on the dirt road and stared at us. Probably 40 inches and beautiful. Wished I had my video camera. Then 2 fellows in a 4X4 came and said they will take care of the snake. I liked what the wise old man who looked somewhatcocky said. "All no ya don't, we are the intruders , this is her home just drive around" and they did.
C7
Old 03-16-2006, 07:37 AM

Ummmm..... I'd put 8 slug holes in him and make him look like swiss cheese then probably reload for another 8 just to make sure. Can't go wrong with a Benelli Super Black Eagle with a tube extension.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

Hell yea second course. Side of gravy mmmmmm
Old 03-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I liked what the wise old man who looked somewhatcocky said. "All no ya don't, we are the intruders , this is her home just drive around" and they did.
I like that old man, at least he knows what hes talking about!
Old 03-17-2006, 03:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Yeah, I though you would like that Rooster. The snake can not help he was born a snake. Unless my life is in danger I will not kill one. They are a vital part of the food chain. I love God's creation and respect it. I only wish i had had my video camera. I've got hours of wildlife footage and have yet got a water mocassin. As you are probably aware they have different colors throughout their life span but...one thing they all have is that tan eye brow. This one had a very nice prodominant tan eye brow. It was the biggest mocassin I've ever seen. The old man said she just came out to smell us like most vipers do. Sure enough she had her head up and looking right at us. I started walking toward the snake and she slithered back into the wet swamp.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck, that looks like an average size cottonmouth, they usually average around 3 ft and any thing bigger than 4ft is big and rare. Usually when approached and cannot escapethe cottonmouth will throw open its mouth wide open revealing the white in its mouth, getting its name the cottonmouth. When born they are around 6 inches and are light brown/copper in colour and resemble a small copperhead, actually the copperhead and cottonmouth are very close relatives with a copperhead being called a highland moccasin and a cottonmouth called a low land moccasin. Both snakes venom pocessessimuliar characteristics, not a real potent hemo-toxin, but bad enough to reuin your week and possible amputation of an extremity. Be careful fishing in moccasin country as they are attracted to a stringer of fish.
I got bit by a cottonmoth down in fla. a while back on my left index finger which left me with a feelingless, deformed finger and had to go through a seris of skin grafts and scare tissue filled in the rest. Thats the reason I type so slow, so if it takes you a while to read this, you know why I'm so slow.

Bobby

Quick Reply: How would you like to come up on THIS in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.