Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bathroom in the field???

Old 02-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bathroom in the field???

ORIGINAL: RonM

but when I went bear hunting in Maine a few years ago the outfitter asked me to take a milk jug and I put it on a rope to lower it to the ground and raise when needed....
A MILKJUG ???? Ron U DA MAN !!!!

dd
Old 02-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: RonM

but when I went bear hunting in Maine a few years ago the outfitter asked me to take a milk jug and I put it on a rope to lower it to the ground and raise when needed....
A MILKJUG ???? Ron U DA MAN !!!!

dd
No kidding I'm still using a shot glass.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Open fire when needed.........
Old 02-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Deer Repellent for home Gardens

You can apply treatments such as predator urine to frighten deer, but the drawback with these is that they must be frequently reapplied and are not practical for large areas. If you choose this treatment, coyote urine is the most effective, although human urine is also known to deter deer. If you are trying to protect a small flowerbed, don't mind reapplying the product as often as every week and the deer are not starved then this might be an acceptable method to protect your garden.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:26 PM

My son and I have gone around on this subject a few times. He normally gets 3-5 deer each year and half with a bow. Needless to say he won't let me pee within 200 yards of where we hunt. Being twice his age he tells me I'm like his dog that if I get near the woods I have to pee. I carry a small wide mouth plastic bottle with me. I ask the outfitter I hunted phesants with this year if they let their deer hunters pee close to their stands. He said no, they have to use a bottle. This outfitter takes some huge Kansas deer. All I know is when you have cold hands and are wearing 6 layers of clothes it seems like an extension to the plumbingwould bejust asimportant as having the pee bottle.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:37 PM

Take a zip lock bag with you. Pee in it; makes a great handwarmer for a while. Take it with you when you leave and dispose of it.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Buckstopshere

Take a zip lock bag with you. Pee in it; makes a great handwarmer for a while. Take it with you when you leave and dispose of it.
I don't want to know what you do with #2. [:'(]
Old 02-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

ORIGINAL: Buckstopshere

I don't want to know what you do with #2. [:'(]

Believe it or not,#2 brings them in!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

When nature calls, I walk some distance away from my ambush location -- maybe 50 feet -- and let loose. Others of a more paranoid leaning carry special bottles to contain their waste water. I don't think it matters. Consult your level of paranoia and act accordingly. But you know, it seems to me that great efforts directed to controlling scent are usually incomplete and naieve. For example, how many people buy expensive "scent lok" outfits but then brush their teeth with Peppermint toothpaste? or who fail to keep their teeth clean and hence they breath is heavily marked by halitosis? or their boots smell from stepping in a spot of gasoline at the filling station? or wear eye glasses with a substantial built up accumulation of oils around the nose piece? Keep the wind in your face and you should be OK.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

What I have read is this, unless a deer sees you peeing in the woods and can associate it with a human then you peeing in the woods is harmless. I pee all the time from my tree stand and I have had bucks come directly under my tree and didn't seem to care at all. I have friends who will pee in a milk jug and then pour in doe in heat urine in the bottle and have had great success with it.They will pour it into scrapes and use it as a scent lure.I have never done it but I don't want to haul around a jug of piss.

Quick Reply: Bathroom in the field???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.