Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bathroom in the field???

Old 02-04-2006, 11:36 PM

Default Bathroom in the field???

I am going hunting for my first time this year and I have researched almost everything that I need to do but I am unsure of one thing. What do you do when you need to go to the bathroom while you are in the field? I mean urinate.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bathroom in the field???

I normally stand up and pee. lol
Old 02-04-2006, 11:43 PM

LOL I understand that but do I need to worry about scent at all?
Old 02-05-2006, 02:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just hang it out and do it. You are potty trained ?? if not wear a diaper
Old 02-05-2006, 04:08 AM

some say worry about scent, some don't, but when you've got go, you got gooooooooooooooooooo.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just do it...
Old 02-05-2006, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quad if I am bow hunting then I take a Coke bottle with me and pee in it ( can be tuff to dowhen its cold LOL ) ...becasue you have to let the deer get so much closer and he is subject to get wind of the urine on the ground ...when I rifle hunt from a stand I really do not worry about it much ...I just go when I need to.

dd
Old 02-05-2006, 05:21 AM
Site Buck Guru

I thought I read a study somewhere where they said that urine is urine. Meaning it is basically amonia. Animals pee all over the woods either because they have to go or they are leaving a scent sign. Whatever the case may be, it usually causes a response that is curious. ( They check it out ). I've seen deer check out a spot were my son took a leak. It was a doe, a tasty one at that! When my son was 4, I took him with me to put up a stand. He said he had to pee, I said hold on I'm almost done. I guess he couldn't wait. The next morning the doe came by and stopped in the trail in front of my stand where my son had chosen to pee! Anyway, I've never seen deer spook from smelling urine. I don't hunt where mtn lions, bears or wolves exist, but human urine usually won't spook them.

I try to go away from my stand if possible. I think that no scent is better than introducing another scent. However, if I gota go, I go, right out of my stand if I have to. I've never had any problems doing so.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:17 AM

if i needa go i would dig a little whole and go in that and then reburry it and mayb spary some doe in heat urine over depending on lazy i am that day. my dad does the same thing if he does a little tobaco on thewalk in
Old 02-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm of the believer pee is pee. From the studies I've read and my personal experiences I don't see where it makes a difference. Some will argue if it's not known then why take the chance to introduce something foreign. Well that's a good point I guess lol. I've killed several mature bucks and have whizzed several times from my stand. I do however try to take precautions about doing it. I try to go before, hold it till after, or go away from my stand etc... but if it comes right down to it......... I let it fly. I've actually urinated in scrapes before and saw bucks working them the day after.

Quick Reply: Bathroom in the field???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.