Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

FREEZER TOOK A CRAP!!!!

Old 02-04-2006, 11:24 AM

Default FREEZER TOOK A CRAP!!!!

I just went out to get some deer meat outof the freezer for the big game and it was DEAD !!! lost all my meat and a hide from a pie bald doe that i took this year. got to say what a mess!! anyway what will you guys be cooking up for the game?
Old 02-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FREEZER TOOK A CRAP!!!!

that's a bummer, know how ya feel, It happened to me last year, we were able to save everything though. caught it in time, and ran down to Lowe's and bought a new freezer.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

I went hunting up north and ended up with two deer it was worm so I left them in the freezer. And about 2months later a tree fell on the line ruined all the meat[:@]
Old 02-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man that is a bad deal! Feel sorry for ya. I've been making lots of Jerky, Roasts, and of course backstraps!! Yummy!
Old 02-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats bad news....our freezer would SOMEHOW come unplugged very frequently the year we had 4 deer in it...pain to check it daily....but we did...and saved the meat.....once...dad took some meat out..and i had a 18inch rainbow in there to give to a taxidermist for his showroom..dad took out the rainbow(on top of everything) and set it on the dog cage beside the freezer to get the meat out...we also kept a bunch of walmart bags there to pick up the yard from the dog mess...the trout was in a walmart bag....middle of summer....we couldnt figure out what stunk for a good couple days maybe a week......man that fish was NASTY....stunk up the whole house...exspecially my room(freezer was in the back room behind my room!!! nasty!! sorry to hear that
Old 02-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

OH NO
Old 02-04-2006, 02:39 PM

Im sorry for you. It happened to me years ago and I got some money from my insurance company, but still a bummer!
Old 02-04-2006, 02:51 PM
RPL

That sucks!Last year, afriend of mine's daughter went down to the basement to get something out of the freezer and left the door open. Everything in the deep freeze spoiled. I'm always worried that I will openmy freezer door and find that my 30 yr. old freezer has finally bought the farm. I've been lucky so far, knock on wood.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: RPL

That sucks!Last year, afriend of mine's daughter went down to the basement to get something out of the freezer and left the door open. Everything in the deep freeze spoiled. I'm always worried that I will openmy freezer door and find that my 30 yr. old freezer has finally bought the farm. I've been lucky so far, knock on wood.
With an expected lifespan of 15 years your freezer has already gotten twice what it should have , I'd start shopping soon .

Our freezer is only a couple of years old and gets used daily , my only complaint is that at 7 cubic feet it's just too small .
Old 02-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

That happened to me a few years back but in ND we just took the stuff outside and kept it fozen until we got a new freezer.

Quick Reply: FREEZER TOOK A CRAP!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.