Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ban Jimmy Houston

Old 02-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ban Jimmy Houston

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I'm having a really hard time understanding how any hunter is justifying/defending Jimmy Houston and that video footage.
Most likely because the do, want to do, or have done the exact same thing.

Or in the case of a few they are just stooges of a rock 'n roll Moe.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Kevin, Nugent does it? That the same as when people say "look what Clinton did" when they know what the person they are talking about did is wrong.
Actually , I used Nugent as an example because unlike Houston he doesn't hide the fact that he supports high fence killing . I don't like it regardless of which one , but it's entirely possible that Houston may not have known that he was breaking the law . Ignorance of it is no excuse , but I found it strange that Ronny Dunn made that claim as well at the trial . Allegedly he was told by Bellar that since Bellar owned the deer in question that they could kill them anytime and in any way they wanted without a license or prescribed weapon . I don't know if I believe that , but reasonable doubt at the time of trial is what our justice system goes by .
Prior knowledge is irrelevant. Try telling the judge you didn't know that little wide spot in the road put a 30MPH limit for 15 feet. That is the simple fact of the legal system. He broke the law, it was illegal, he is a criminal with a prior record of similar infractions.

Now for the right or wrong, he knew he was in a cage. It was so small the camera man was right on top of the fence so he could get a shot of Jimmy in the middle. He knew he was baiting and he knew all of Bellar's hired hands were chasing the deer back and forth in front of him to shoot it. He knew it was so spooked from being chased he couldn't even come close to making one of those video"stops" with his idiotic attempt at a phony bleet and even thought it was pretty funny to watch it bouncing off the fence on each side of the cage.

He is a scummy piece of trash.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:17 PM

he has the right to hunt the way he wants. What did he do he killed a deer you do no different quit your complaining allready. And I realy dont care if he does it again I dont let people bother me i hunt all public land so dont try to acuse me of hunting the way he does either.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: waynejohnson

he has the right to hunt the way he wants. What did he do he killed a deer you do no different quit your complaining allready. And I realy dont care if he does it again I dont let people bother me i hunt all public land so dont try to acuse me of hunting the way he does either.
Think again, i do not kill drugged deer. I also dont hunt over bait or out of season without a license, i follow the laws of my state.

NYBOW, the email reply you got is for real. One of the members of our Indiana hunting site personally got a call from Houston after he emailed his site and said he would never buy a thing with his name on it again.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

ORIGINAL: johnnyBgood

It's not legal to shoot your chickens or cows?Who said this?If it was their animals,I do not see how and why it would be illegal to kill them even without a liscense. You don't need liscense to hunt a canned hunt.You pay the owner for the animal you want to shoot and that is it.The only way I think this would be illegal if they didn't own the deerthat wasshot.Then it would of ment Jimmy was not at fault for it,because he thought they owned the deer that he paid to shoot.
You can THINK what ever you want but you better KNOW the law if you want to really B good.
I now if I owned 20 acre and it was caged and I bought and stocked animals in that caged area.Them are mine to do what I want with them.Be it sell them or hunt them, they are mine and no liscense is required to anyone I give permission to hunt them any time of the year because I have paid for them.They are domestic animals once they are bought and caged. i don't understand the drugged part though?Was the animal drugged or was Jimmy on drugs?Who the hell would drug an animal in a small 3 acre inclosure to make it easier to kill?That sounds way to far fetched to believe.Unless it was a hormone drug to increase antler growth and then I don't think that would be against the law cause they give cows steroids and it is legal to do.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:42 PM

It's not legal to shoot your chickens or cows?Who said this?If it was their animals,I do not see how and why it would be illegal to kill them even without a liscense. You don't need liscense to hunt a canned hunt.You pay the owner for the animal you want to shoot and that is it.The only way I think this would be illegal if they didn't own the deerthat wasshot.Then it would of ment Jimmy was not at fault for it,because he thought they owned the deer that he paid to shoot.
You can THINK what ever you want but you better KNOW the law if you want to really B good.
I now if I owned 20 acre and it was caged and I bought and stocked animals in that caged area.Them are mine to do what I want with them.Be it sell them or hunt them, they are mine and no liscense is required to anyone I give permission to hunt them any time of the year because I have paid for them.They are domestic animals once they are bought and caged. i don't understand the drugged part though?Was the animal drugged or was Jimmy on drugs?Who the hell would drug an animal in a small 3 acre inclosure to make it easier to kill?That sounds way to far fetched to believe.Unless it was a hormone drug to increase antler growth and then I don't think that would be against the law cause they give cows steroids and it is legal to do.
That's where all the problems come from...it should be against the law to own game animals.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:04 PM

Holy smokes!! I just got off the phone with the man himself. He actually called me. He said that I am the first person he has called about this who has talked to him. Anyways, he says the video was altered by someone. That the enclosure was 1200 acres in size, not3-6.That he could see fence on one side, but nowhere else. And that his video he has of it looks nothing like that. He also said that the meat was tested for drugs, and none were found.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:41 PM

Well THAT's COOL!! At least he has an explanation...I hope it's true...guess time will tell.

On this matter, I do think it's disgusting and just seems stupid. I sure wouldn't want to kill a deer under those circumstances.

On the other hand,I DO think a man that OWNS his land, and OWNS his livestock, ought to be able to do with it what he wants, REGARDLESS of what I, or anyone else THINK is "ethical" or "right". I'd rather see guys doing that crap on their PRIVATE land, than see gun drives on the land I hunt. What someone does on THEIR land doesn't affect my hunting or anyone elses, so I'm not going to sweat it.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

MAYBE where you live but in Indiana, the DNR has the authority to regulate the possesion and use of white tail deer. It's common knowledge and it's been that way for years. If people don't like it, don't bring white tails to Indiana.

I can't help it if people have their head somewhere that makes them incapable of believing what they see.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

Holy smokes!! I just got off the phone with the man himself. He actually called me. He said that I am the first person he has called about this who has talked to him. Anyways, he says the video was altered by someone. That the enclosure was 1200 acres in size, not3-6.That he could see fence on one side, but nowhere else. And that his video he has of it looks nothing like that. He also said that the meat was tested for drugs, and none were found.
ROTFLMAO, bet Bellar wishes he had a copy of that "secret" video Jimmy has. All they could come up with and what Jimmy Huoston testified to was the same video those highlights came from.

Quick Reply: Ban Jimmy Houston

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.