Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stolen Game Cam

Old 02-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stolen Game Cam

i wouldnt/will be a nice as you were buckhunter.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, i got you beat, had two trailcams, feeder and one treestand all stolen within two weeks last year in NC. I think they were taken out by boat but could not confirm it.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

Most unbelievable story, and I am not stealing your post just saying it happeneds to everyone:

We have a few game cams up around the property. One of the is stolen, @*$)$ I thought. So I go to the next one to get the film. Get it developed a week later and my neighbor is on that sucker. CARRYING THE GAME CAM!!! So I go an confront him about it and he lies. Of course. So I try not to get EXTREMELY pissed. I go, do you mind if I come back in about 5 minutes. So I run home and grab a picture of him with the game can IN his hand, and show him. And he goes, well, I guess I did take it. So he goes in his garage and gives it to me. I made him make me some promises after that!
You were too easy on him. If I could have resisted the urge to thump his a$$, I would have at least filed theft charges!
Old 02-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

I would pay him a visit. good luck on getting the cam back better go put a lock on mine.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hunters get blamed for a lot of stuff that is likely linked to teenagers with 4-wheelers or 4-wheel drives and who havenothing better to do.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ohh, sorry, i'll bring it back tomorrowno, that really sucks. you should kick his azzzzzz~!!!!!!!!!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 02-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

I would get pics of any footprints and 4wheeler tracks and confront the neighbor. If you can prove it was his 4wheeler, you may get it back without the law. If he is not cooperative, then I would get the law involved. I hate a thief more than anything. I work hard for what toys I have, and not for some jerk to have as a freebe. If the neighbor is cooperative with you and you get your cam back, I wouldn't go to the law. Sometimes it is best not to piss off your thief neighbors. Next time they will be more careful that they leave no trace they were there or even sabotage your hunting ground. If they will stoop to stealing, they will stoop to just about anything.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:49 PM

You think soon that you would be able to buy tracking devices for your material things as in cell phones.Put it in your device, it comes up missing call a 1 800 no. and have them locate it for you and have them contact the police and retrieve it.Small fee of course but I am sure they would have to pay the fee plus a fine when convicted.Possesion is 9/10ths the law.I think their would bea fewloop holes as in,I found it here orI bought it at a yardsale and can't remember.Things of that sort,But I bet it would make them think next time about stealing something.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:44 PM

The lease I hunt on is 1000 acres split up between ten guys. We have three mobile home trailers in the middle of the property. It is very secluded andwe have locks on the doors. Well about five years ago it was broken into. The theives took every thing.The items included four-wheelers, guns, camo, binoculars, climbing stands, etc.. Anything we had that had something to do with hunting they stole. The total loss came out to be estimated at $30,000. That sucked considering nothing was insured....
Old 02-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I had theguy on camera, I would have filed criminalcharges for theft and trespass. Then I would have filed a civil action to milk a little $$$ out of that lying sucker.