Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Drawing the line part 2

Old 01-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Drawing the line part 2

Doctor Death made this statement and it got me to thinking.

I would only say "to thine own self be true"who am I to draw the line for someone else if its legal

I really used to believe in the "Big tent theory" you know we are all hunters and we need to stick together,divided we fall etc. As hunting has progressed especially in the last ten and in a way because of the internet/TV I no longer belive in the Big tent theory to a point. I bring the internet into this because it has brought so much info into or laps good and bad that it baffles me. I can honestly say that ten years ago I didn't know about what was legal in other states and what goes on in many hunting operations.

what's better for hunting?

Just saying if it's legal where you live I really don't care. Even if you feel what is going on is bad for the sport.

Or standing up and saying how you feel?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Drawing the line part 2

Wrong is wrong & it does not have to be against the law for it to be wrong.Some say we are all hunters and should turn a blind eye and say nothing.
Ihave listened to people on thesepages admit to breaking state game laws because they think they are right no matter what the law says.

It is your fellow hunters that are stealing your tree stands.It is fellow hunters tresspassing on your posted land.And it not the golfers that are poaching big bucks for resale.
If you know some one is giving our sport a bad name call them on it.

Ehtics & morals are something you are brought up with they are not taught in a few hunting seasons.

If you come across a new hunter setting up to close to some one point it out to them and show them a better place to hunt.If you come across a slob tresspassing on your neighbors land turn him in!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

What is legal might not be ethical according to a individual.But what someone else does legally aint anothers individuals business.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

So your saying if hunting a pen is legal in your area it shouldn't be questioned?

Do you feel that way about all laws?
Old 01-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I dont' see a problem with debating whether or not something is good for the sport whether it's legal or not. Unfortunately that often leads to people getting their panties in a wad in about a nanosecond. If someone thought a form of hunting that I do was legal, but not good for the sport I would be objective enough to listen to the points and see if it had some merit.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

NYBH,If I remember right one of our first conversations had to do with deer drives. You con me pro.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

NYBH,If I remember right one of our first conversations had to do with deer drives. You con me pro.
Yep I remember that. I am against them and still am, but I accept the fact that's what floats peoples boat so........ so be it. I may have even been w..wr.....w..wro...wron........ w.w.w.wr... sorry I can't do it. I could have been slightly mistaken in my views.[8D]
I still stick with my views and think I brought up some good points. Hey wanna argue again?

Old 01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey wanna argue again?
Eventually about who is buying the next round.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

This Bud's for you guys.

dd

Old 01-31-2006, 03:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Hey wanna argue again?
Eventually about who is buying the next round.
I'm pretty sure it's your turn [:-][8D]

Quick Reply: Drawing the line part 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.