Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!! >

NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Old 01-26-2006, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Just found this :

New York Anti-Gun Package Heads To Senate[/align]ALBANY, NY-The New York State Assembly has approved a package of anti-gun bills that opponents say wouldn't only negatively impact law-abiding firearms retailers, but also shooters and hunters statewide. The package, which includes bills Assembly Bill 9280, Assembly Bill 2466A, Assembly Bill 2837, Assembly Bill 4471A, Assembly Bill 2302 and Assembly Bill 673A, now goes to the state Senate.[/align]Opponents say one of the bills would impose many new unnecessary restrictions and regulations on law-abiding firearms retailers, while the other bills would create new restrictions not only affecting retailers, but all of the state's law-abiding gun owners. The bills include a ban on the sale and possession of .50 caliber firearms, outlawing certain types of ammunition, an expansion to the state's ban on so-called "assault weapons" and making new crimes for "negligent storage" of firearms.[/align]New York sportsmen are being asked to contact their state senators and encourage them to oppose this package of bills. You can contact your state senators by using the "Legislative Action Center" at www.ussportsmen.org.[/align][/align]I'm not from NY, but I do hunt there occasionally. Sounds like Mrs. Clinton is at it again![/align][/align]Contact your senators! ... Shockwave[/align]
Old 01-26-2006, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Thanks for the heads up shock.
Sounds like Mrs. Clinton is at it again!
She couldn't even keep track of her own bedroom , but she moves to NY to "govern" us.
[:@]GODhelp us in NY.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I ain't sure about the rest of your post BUT I can not imagine why ANYONE needs a 50 Cal weapon ... Im not talking about black powder muzzleloaders ..but a military type weapon ..your sure not going to hunt with it ...and I cant imagine why a person OR persons would need a automatic assualt weapon so as far as I am concerned I have no problem with outlawing those ... with that being said I think when it comes to handguns and legit hunting rifles they are crossing the line and"Treading" on my rights as a law abiding citizan to bare arms... JMO

dd

Old 01-26-2006, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

DD, I agree with your sentiments.The thing is once the rights are taken away, it's a slippery slope and your .06 could be next on "their" agenda.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Shame on you Doctor Death,There are probably people that "can't understand why you need your what ever caliber rifle"you shoot,just cause you don't have a need or a wan't for a .50 cal weapon doesn't make it wrong,unjust or crazy to have one.Two points here,first the liberal faction of our government would love nothing more than to ban .50 cal and they WOULD include .50 cal muzzleloaders.Second there are may sportsman who love to shoot and compete with there .50 BMG's.Nothing wrong with that at all.Can't recall the last time I saw a crime,robbery or assualt involving a .50 cal weapon.Alsoto your point about "automatic weapons",The post states "assualt type weapons" Fully automatic weapons are already illegal here as well as most every where else(barring a federally issued special permit)DD,what you fail to understand is the the liberals definition of an "assualt type weapon "can include your auto loading shotgun etc.These issues must be addressed by us,the law abbiding citizens because as we know all too well,the liberal members of our government are just trying to get a foot in the door and then kick the whole dam door in!Bottom line is these law changes that are propossed will only further strangle the rights of honest law abbiding citizens and not make a bit of difference in cutting crime!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dvdegeorge

Shame on you Doctor Death,There are probably people that "can't understand why you need your what ever caliber rifle"you shoot,just cause you don't have a need or a wan't for a .50 cal weapon doesn't make it wrong,unjust or crazy to have one.Two points here,first the liberal faction of our government would love nothing more than to ban .50 cal and they WOULD include .50 cal muzzleloaders.Second there are may sportsman who love to shoot and compete with there .50 BMG's.Nothing wrong with that at all.Can't recall the last time I saw a crime,robbery or assualt involving a .50 cal weapon.Alsoto your point about "automatic weapons",The post states "assualt type weapons" Fully automatic weapons are already illegal here as well as most every where else(barring a federally issued special permit)DD,what you fail to understand is the the liberals definition of an "assualt type weapon "can include your auto loading shotgun etc.These issues must be addressed by us,the law abbiding citizens because as we know all too well,the liberal members of our government are just trying to get a foot in the door and then kick the whole dam door in!Bottom line is these law changes that are propossed will only further strangle the rights of honest law abbiding citizens and not make a bit of difference in cutting crime!
George I respect your view ...and I have lived in the south all my life where we STILL smell the powder burning and probably always will BUT no one can convince me why they need an automatic assualt rifle or something like the 50cal milatary rifle on a tri-pod ... I understand that some enjoy shooting them and I am sure there are some who would enjoy shooting shoulder mounted missles or Bazooka'sif they could ... now do not take me wrong I am NOT saying ban them Im just saying as far as I am concerned I have no problem with it ...and I can't see them ever banning a semi automatic weapon such as a hunting shotgun or a 45 pistol ..yeh yeh yeh I know it "might" happen but its unlikely ..as for law abbiding citizan owning a 50cal or an automatic assualt type of weapon I would hate to thinkthe towel heads at the end of my block had them in their house ..even if they are law abbiding ..for the moment .. but again thats just MHO ... I am not trying to impose mywill on my yankee brothers in NY ...but I do have a view on this subject and just wanted to post it.

dd
Old 01-26-2006, 07:26 AM

DD,
George has a point. While you and I may not think there is a legitimate reason a person might want a particular firearm of a particular caliber, if we don't support them in their right, they won't be there when it is time to defend our rights.

Basically, it is divide, weaken your opponent and win. If the anti-gun nuts can pick off the groups of shooters that are few, it waters down our overall group. After picking off these smaller groups, before long the larger group of shooters becomes so small that we can't defend against a full force attack against our rights.

So, we need to support these guys any way we can. Even if we would never think of buying a 50 cal and participating in the national match competitions that they have.
JMO
R
Hank
Old 01-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Well I ain't sure about the rest of your post BUT I can not imagine why ANYONE needs a 50 Cal weapon ... Im not talking about black powder muzzleloaders ..but a military type weapon
DD, this is the same old "divide and conquer," tactic that the Anti's have been using for years! I am surprised that you, DD have bought into this propaganda!

They've started with the so called "assault weapons!" (I assure you, you can be assaulted with a kitchen knife!)
Also they use lies about handguns, and now, because they are becomming a little more popular, the big .50 calibers!

Why do they start out against these guns? Because these guns may "looK" threatening, andless people have them!
DIVIDE AND CONQUER!
One gun style at a time, they will eventually outlaw the old singleshot shotgun! The Anti's want ALL guns banned! They have just learned that they can't get them all at one time, so they have become more patient! They will outlaw guns, one type at a time, as we give each other up!

At one time, I too bought into their argument, "who needs this gun, or that gun!" But I've come to see that the Anti's are masters of deceit, and the "half-truth!"

We DO NOT NEED ANY MORE GUN LAWS! I'll probably never own a big .50 caliber! But, the TRUTH is, it's NOT a Terrorist' "weapon of choice!" It is a little too big to hide in your jacket!
So, if banning this gun is a step closer to distroying the Second Amendment. I AM AGAINST IT!

Another Anti half-truth is, automatic assault rifles!
One thing, "automatic" weapons have been against the law for 70-something years now!
Full Autos are legal to own, by expensive permit ONLY! And, auto's are RARELY used in crimes! The last I knew of it, LEGALLY OWNED, full-auto's, have NEVER been used in a crime!

I could go on forever with the Anti's half-truths, and out-right lies! Bottom line is THERE ARE ENOUGH GUN LAWS ALREADY ON THE BOOKS! NEW LAWS ARE ONLY GOING TO PUNISH THE HONEST PATRIOTIC AMERICANS!

STAND TOGETHER, OR FALL ALONE!

Old 01-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Well I ain't sure about the rest of your post BUT I can not imagine why ANYONE needs a 50 Cal weapon ... Im not talking about black powder muzzleloaders ..but a military type weapon
DD, this is the same old "divide and conquer," tactic that the Anti's have been using for years! I am surprised that you, DD have bought into this propaganda!

They've started with the so called "assault weapons!" (I assure you, you can be assaulted with a kitchen knife!)

One gun style at a time, they will eventually outlaw the old singleshot shotgun! The Anti's want ALL guns banned! They have just learned that they can't get them all at one time, so they have become more patient! They will outlaw guns, one type at a time, as we give each other up!

At one time, I too bought into their argument, "who needs this gun, or that gun!" But I've come to see that the Anti's are masters of deceit, and the "half-truth!"

We DO NOT NEED ANY MORE GUN LAWS! I'll probably never own a big .50 caliber! But, the TRUTH is, it's NOT a Terrorist' "weapon of choice!" It is a little too big to hide in your jacket!

/quote]

Jag I like and respectyou my friend but I have to disagree partly with you on this one buddy. I think before 911 and before Iraq I would have totally agree with you but tell those boys over in Iraq that the 50 cal is not a choice weapon for those sand chiggers..now I know you might say "yeh but thats in Iraq" but look at all those law abbidingCamel jockeys (with American citizanship)that live here in the states some in my neighborhood..they have access to those types of weapons here and if the Chief towel head calls for them to start a Gehad here we would have helpedfurnish them the firepower ...we have a National Guard for protection or are supposed to ... now days I just feel REAL nervous having Allah's followers living next to me and knowing they have the money and the right to own guns bigger then mine OR the national guard ... but like I said ...Its just an opinion ..Im not in NY so won't be voting ...and Ihate any kind of new laws ..but some make sence..to me the average citizan cant afford thesetype of weapons anyway so only the BIG DOGS would have them and I don't like that idea either .... as for them starting at the top and working thier way down to our home protection and hunting guns we are the ones voting these thugs into office and its our resposobility to get them out ...anyway I know this is a very controversal thread and as usual I am taking a very unpopular stand but hey ..thats my god givin right !

dd
God bless our troops

Old 01-26-2006, 11:31 AM

I think it is a bunch of bunk. When was the last time a crime was commited using a 50 bmg rifle? I have owned a few, and I can tell you your average crook isn't going to bother with it. A 20-30 pound rifle that costs anywhere from $2000 (single shot) up to $10,000( a repeater) is out of reach for these guys.

And, you better read the bills carefully. They are trying to pass a similar bill here in Illinois, and the way it reads, your semi-auto 12ga shotguns WILL be banned.

And any time they limit or ban one class of weapon, it opens the door to more limits, and other types of weapons.

How much crime did the Clinton ban stop? You could still buy and AR15, you just couldn't have it manufactured with a bayonet lug, and threaded muzzle. And it did nothing for the weapons that were already available with these options. It was a stupid, pointless law that accomplished absolutely NOTHING!

Quick Reply: NY Hunters / Gun Owners Beware!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.