Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 WOW! Just saw an AMAZING sight!!! >

WOW! Just saw an AMAZING sight!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WOW! Just saw an AMAZING sight!!!

Old 01-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WOW! Just saw an AMAZING sight!!!

First of all, I was eating breakfast this morning and saw some does out my kitchen window in a clover field. Shortly after a 130 inch 10 point that I nearly got while bowhunting came out and chased one of the does around for a little while, before running off. I was confused since I thought all rutting activity had cooled off nearly a month ago.

So then my sister comes home from worktonight and tells me there are some "nice" bucks at the bottom of the hill in the same field. I figured I would drive down there and see some little basket racks. Needless to say once my headlights hit the field my jaw dropped. Standing in the field were 5 bucks and 1 very smallDOE. The smallest buck was the 130 inch 10 point, while there was a HUGE 180 class 12 point and another 160 class 12 point. The other 2 bucks were around 140 inches. I only saw one of these deer during bowseason (the 130 inch 10 point, and one of the 140 inch bucks). All these deer appeared to come off a very large tract of land that has not been hunted for as long as I can remember, so I think they spend most of their time over there.

Now has anyone seen any rutting activity this late in the year this far north? Here I was ready to go look for some sheds tomarrow, but all these bucks still had their antlers on. Now I'm counting the days until October 1st.

You gotta love a nice farm in Central Illinois!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:38 PM

Default RE: WOW! Just saw an AMAZING sight!!!

That is awesome i also sent you a pm hope u dont mind
Old 01-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Andrew you got mail.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can I come hunting with you next year, you don't need to shoot all of them bucks!!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haha, it will take alot of luck to see any of these bucks. It is kind of hard to compete with the property across the road since no one is over there except horse riders and my land is hunted VERY heavy. I hunted trails by this field maybe 10-15 times this year and only saw 2 of these deer.

I'm just pumped that I know there is thata buck of my lifetimeis walking around there, as well as 4 other giants. I will be hitting the woods hard in the next few weeks looking forall these deer sheds.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:10 PM

Wow, thats awesome man!! I'd be tickeld to death if i seen 2 monster bucks like that wow...thats awesome
Old 01-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Typical Buck

Sure would be nice to pop up a game camera or two. Thats my next investment (cuddeback)

Good luck!!
Old 01-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dreamin again ???????
Old 01-28-2006, 03:39 AM
Site Buck Guru

Sounds like those bucks found a doe fawn that came into heat. It is not uncommon for that to happen, I've seen it up here in southern Wisconsin.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:41 AM

I agree with Greg, you mentioned a "very small doe". That's because she was a fawn that actually came into heat for her first time. It happens alot and that is when it usually does, 1 month after the adult does reach estrous. That is why the big boys were out in full force. LOL you can imagine how bad it would be if you could only "get some" 1 month out of the year. So when another chance suddenly pops up it's more like, "Katy bar the door"!!!

Congrats,
RA

Quick Reply: WOW! Just saw an AMAZING sight!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.