Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 WOW! Just saw an AMAZING sight!!! >

WOW! Just saw an AMAZING sight!!!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WOW! Just saw an AMAZING sight!!!

Old 01-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WOW! Just saw an AMAZING sight!!!

imo, bucks go into "rut" whenever a doe is in heat. i believe doe are like any other animal in which they go into heat every 28 days unles being bred prior. therefore, if a doe(s) were not impregnated during the "rut", or first go around, then they will come back into heat 28 days later and so forth until they are bred. this is also why you see spotted fawns (occaisionaly) at different times of the year.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

imo, bucks go into "rut" whenever a doe is in heat. i believe doe are like any other animal in which they go into heat every 28 days unles being bred prior. therefore, if a doe(s) were not impregnated during the "rut", or first go around, then they will come back into heat 28 days later and so forth until they are bred. this is also why you see spotted fawns (occaisionaly) at different times of the year.
That is true, but, when bucks shed their antlers the testicles ascend into the body cavity and the bucks become sterile and are no longer interested in breeding. The bucks that still have their antlers will do the breeding. Usually, the largest bucks shed their antlers first. I think it is because they are stressed from the rut and it is natures way of saying "Enough! rest now." It is important to have a balanced age structure in the deer herd so you do not have a lot of does re-cycling. That means that there are too many does and bucks that are not as superior as the main breeders, will get to breed.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:38 PM

Sounds like some monsters are kickin around.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do see some spotted fawn in late Nov. This would explain why!