Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should Hunting with Drug Tipped Arrows Be legal? >

Should Hunting with Drug Tipped Arrows Be legal?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes it should be legal in all states becasue it is more humane
10.71%
No I think it should be illlegal in any state
72.32%
Im not sure I need to do more research on the topic
16.96%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Should Hunting with Drug Tipped Arrows Be legal?

Old 01-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Should Hunting with Drug Tipped Arrows Be legal?

LOL this is so funny ... cant win for loosing ... sometimes I feel like a young buck being chased by a pack of hounds .... if one aint biten at your hind leg then the others are trying to drag ya down by the throat ..but hey Im a big ole boy so I can take it ... but this is funny ...

dd
Old 01-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

LOL this is so funny ... cant win for loosing ... sometimes I feel like a young buck being chased by a pack of hounds .... if one aint biten at your hind leg then the others are trying to drag ya down by the throat ..but hey Im a big ole boy so I can take it ... but this is funny ...

dd

Doc does this statement mean you hunt deer with dogs to? And if you do should they have poison tiped teeth?
Old 01-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

dd

Doc does this statement mean you hunt deer with dogs to? And if you do should they have poison tiped teeth?
Moetown there are two reasons I do not hunt deer with dogs ( not that I find anything wrong with the hunters that do)...one is because it is not legal in this part of Alabama and two even if it was the dogs would get confussed running deer I hunt ..the deer I kill are so small (according to some)the dogs would think they are jack rabbits so would not know to run them ...

dd

Old 01-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

My ol my, wouldn't this scenario be considered a great feat:

"Bowhunter using poison pod kills world record whitetail". Bowhunter John Doe Smith noticed a large racked buck 90 yards away through his binoculars. John decided to take a shot and somehow the poison tipped head found the rear left leg. Mr. Smith was estatic when he later found his prize and saw how huge the rack was on the buck. Later in an interview, Mr. Smith acknowledged he was just hoping to hit the buck anywhere, because he knew a hit would most likely put the buck down.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

My ol my, wouldn't this scenario be considered a great feat:

"Bowhunter using poison pod kills world record whitetail". Bowhunter John Doe Smith noticed a large racked buck 90 yards away through his binoculars. John decided to take a shot and somehow the poison tipped head found the rear left leg. Mr. Smith was estatic when he later found his prize and saw how huge the rack was on the buck. Later in an interview, Mr. Smith acknowledged he was just hoping to hit the buck anywhere, because he knew a hit would most likely put the buck down.
And now the rest of the story ...as John wasdragging his trophy buck out of the woods a meteorite came crashing from the sky and killed him ...its just about as likely a story ... I do not advocate using a Pod but this story is really reaching ...

dd
Old 01-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Site Buck Guru

My luck the meteor would smash the horns off the bucks head making him unscorable![]
Old 01-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe my scenario is reaching, but would it really matter if the buck were record class proportions or a 4 pointer? Without a doubt there are guys that would take any shot imaginable if they could legally use a poison pod.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL ..now Greg thats the kind of luck I have ...if it was raining 100 dollar bills outside I would walk out and get hit in the head with a sack of Pennys !

dd
Old 01-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i will just say that i would never hunt with poison! Might as well just lay out some poison mineral licks too....
Old 01-30-2006, 07:04 PM

all these chemicals sprayed on your vegys are said to be alright also,not looked at for long enough time before use is oked if you asked me.I'm no tree hugger but seems like there is a major increase in gastro-intestinal problems in the population.After tree harvesting they spray to keep hardwood from growing back,it's said to be harmless in the right concentration as long as they stick to the formula and if they did,you think it would build up?Pitty help the grandkids[&o]