Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Any gun with a serial number on it is part of the big brother system
4.17%
All hunters are registered
0%
All firearm owners are registered
16.67%
You must also take a test to own weapons
4.17%
You can not own fully automatic weapons
16.67%
You can only own 15 firearms
0%
You can only own 8 firearms
4.17%
You can only own smoothbores and bows
0%
No civilian can own a sharp or blunt object
0%
Crap poll. To many missing options or faults.
54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

What constitutes Gun Control?

Old 01-26-2006, 02:38 PM

Default What constitutes Gun Control?

It seems nobody wants Gun Control on this forum but at what point does Gun Control starts? Im curious about where YOU draw the line. Where does it stop being OK with you.
I know Im missing lots of options, but hey thats why you can chuckle and frown hereafter.

Im not trying to steal the other threads here on this subject. On the contrary Im trying to add fuel to those discussions.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What constitutes Gun Control?

Hitting your target lol
Old 01-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think fully auto weapons are pointless unless for military use only.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I begin by saying in my opinion the good gun control laws were passed into law a long, long time ago and that subsequent gun control laws go too far. Below are a list of the gun control laws that I would accept as reasonable. They leave the details to be worked out -- and often the devilis in the details -- but hopefully I give some sense of where I draw the line.

#1: People convicted of committing crimes that depend upon using guns to threaten their victim should be forbidden to own and/orpurchaseguns for life. I'm thinking about armed robbery, armed rape, armed kidnapping, you get the idea.

#2: Guns contained within a vehicle should not be loaded while the vehicle is on a public road.

#3: Guns should not be sold to anyone below a certain age. I'll pick a number out of the air and say that age is 16 years, but I'll entertain alternatives. More people are killed by cars every year, and you can drive a car at age 16.

#4:Private ownership of machine guns is regulated not outlawed. I contemplate something very like the existing law for private ownership of machine guns.

#5: Private ownership of exploding projectiles and arms for launching such exploding projectiles is against the law. Exploding here refers to some internally contained means to motivate a violent explosion -- gun powder, C4, whatever -- rather than "explosion" or mushrooming of a kinetic energy projectile such as a hollow point bullet.

That's about it. You might make penalties for commiting crimes heavier if commited using a gun as a tool, but this isn't gun control in the true meaning of the word as far as I'm concerned.

On reviewing my response I see problems in even what appeared to me as "common sense" gun laws. For example, if I'm driving through a bad part of town it might be a good idea for me to have my pistol loaded and sitting beside me on the seat in my car. It won't do much good for self-protection if I have to stop to load it before using it to defend myself . . . or can't I be attacked while in my car? I hear there are quite a number of car-jackings that take place these days that answer to this precise scenario.

So, I'll stick with my original contention:there are no remaining holes in the gun control legislation where "common sense" good gun control legislation can be initiated. All the good gun control laws have long ago been put into effect and only bad gun control laws get enacted today. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Old 01-26-2006, 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: sniper65

Hitting your target lol
was it Patton who said: Firepower is one shot that hits!

Alsatian. I would vote for you! A clear and concise answer. as far as goes without making a complete law book! I appreciate it!
Old 01-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

Alsatian i also agree with you
Old 01-26-2006, 04:02 PM

Gun Control should be less about guns and more about control.

People are killed/harmed all the time with bricks/ball bats/golf clubs/cars/ ax handles/knives/hammers/chains/steel toed boots/staple guns/box cutters...you name it, it's happened somewhere.

it's just plain wrong to try and outlaw the ownership of firearms by good people.

there are good laws on the books, but some of this crap is getting rediculous.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with you 100% coyote.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Site Buck Guru

If you can put the second bullet in the same hole as the first, thats gun control!
Old 01-26-2006, 05:01 PM

the one thing I dont like about these polls are that you can pick one answer. I personally agree with a few on there but I was only able to chose one.

Quick Reply: What constitutes Gun Control?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.