Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 So....How'd your season go??  Doc, we all know bout yours >

So....How'd your season go?? Doc, we all know bout yours

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

So....How'd your season go?? Doc, we all know bout yours

Old 01-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So....How'd your season go?? Doc, we all know bout yours

i had a good year, shot my biggest buck to date and 3 does. i wish i could have gotten a few more good bucks BUT time in the woods is all i really ask for....everything else is a bonus!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

I got two does and a seven point buck. I didnt miss this year, but boy did I miss last year! Last year was my first year out and I flubbed it majorly. I blatantly missed a nice buck and then got lucky with a running doe later. EJ
Old 01-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

well, i have had the best and worst year ever. I have been hunting all my life but last year and this year was really my first years of hunting (due to being in the army for 6 yrs). I missed one deer last year. This season, on new years eve, I shot my first deer. It was a gut shot and I never found her. The next morning I shot, killed, and recovered my first deer. 80 LB doe dressed. That was great but overall this seasonI have:

missed 3 does with shotgun (come to find out, scope was messed up. Had to send it back to bushnell)
missed 2 does with 30-30 ( pretty long shot but really have no idea how I missed)

As you can see my precentage rating is not that good but at least I did kill my first deer this year.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

I had a great season. I killed a nice doe about mid season and a spike on the last day. The doe was my first kill so it was extremely exciting. I'm getting a new rifle for next season so I'm all excited. I also can't wait to get out there again. I plan on spending a lot of hours at the range this spring and summer. Ohhhh yea turkey season comming up soon so it will be my first time trying that. I can't wait to try to call one in.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Navy there are several makes that allow you to shoot from the ground ...as a matter of fact the one I used I actually zeroed in from the ground at 20 yards which made it zeroed out to about 30 yards in a tree up to 20 ft high ...I am with NY about practice ..there is nosubstitute... BUT in the heat of the moment we all are subject to misread the yardage..I would seriously check out Pendulum sights at yout local pro shop ..I mean what good does it do tohave a$500.00 bow ...$100.00 worth of arrows ..$50.00 worth of broadheads ...$300.00 treestand an so on if you can't make the shot when it counts .. I think the animal deservesbetter then that ...and the Pendulum just gave me a little bit of an edge ..Im sure its not for everyone ...I also shoot open sightsbut was never confident with the yardage thing out of a tree to hunt that way ..I shot in a lot of 3 ds open sights but never hunted that way ...just did not want to be reckless and wound a deer ....

dd
Old 01-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

My bow accounted for 1 animal this year: whitetail doe
Equally my MLwas usedfor 1 harvest: 5x5 whitetail buck
The 7mm rem mag took the rest of the animals. Raghorn 5x4 Bull Elk in Sept, 47" bull Moose in Oct, 2 Mulie Does and 5x5 Whitetail buck in November.

Great times/memories, once againreceived some schooling(educated) and was able to put some lovely eats in the freezer. Can't wait till 06' to do it all over again!!!!

Old 01-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

This was my best season to date! I think that the only better season I had was when I got my first deer with my bow!!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:35 PM

1 buck with bow
4 does with bow
1 buck with shotgun.

I had a great season, i didn't miss any(thankfully). and every one i shot was recovered.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:58 PM

Pretty good for me i got my first moose this year. But between me and 4 other guys i hunt with we got 3 moose 1 elk 3 whitetails and 8 mulies. So it was a great year for us.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I missed this year too. I had a shot at a very nice buck while fighting with another. I got so caught up I didn't even want to shoot? It was so amazing. A beautiful 12 point vs. a basket racked 8. They were a little farther than I wanted but I had practiced at the range they were. I didn't notice how far down in a swail the buck was getting while fighting and he got into some golden rods and I didn't have a clear shot. I waited and he came out in the woods and I hit a tree right in front of him. It was an amazing day though!

On the upside, I got a WT doe with my bow.

I got another WT doe with my shotgun.

Lastly, I shot a very nice WT7 point with my shotgun!

Quick Reply: So....How'd your season go?? Doc, we all know bout yours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.