Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 question regarding pistols in MD >

question regarding pistols in MD

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

question regarding pistols in MD

Old 01-24-2006, 03:03 PM

Default question regarding pistols in MD

wuts up people,

basically, i live in MD and i have a question regarding having pistols in MD, especially while hunting. There arent extremely dangerous predators here but there are some bears, wolfs and coyotes running around here and there. I am wandering if it is legal to carry a pistol while hunting, (not hunting with the pistol, just having it for extra protection). I am only 19 years old, so i legally cant buy a pistol on my own, but i have a mom or dad who will so i was wandering if it is legal. Also, how would i go about hunting whitetal with my pistol? Do i need a special permit? thanks for your responnses
Old 01-24-2006, 07:13 PM

Default RE: question regarding pistols in MD

I moved to MD a couple of years ago and purchased my first hunting handgun here last year, (which is a whole other story, this state sucks for owning/buying handguns). I have tried to read the rules but I'm a little fuzzy on some stuff. I do know it is legal to hunt deer with a pistol in all of the counties you can hunt with a rifle. Plus Frederick county which is shotgun only you can use a pistol for deer during firearms season. As far as carrying as a sidearm I'm not sure, I know if you do carry is has to be visible, but I'm not sure which seasons you can and cannot carry.