Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Take the shot at any angle( hope for the best)
1.16%
Take the shot even up the bunghole
4.65%
Never shoot up the rear.
9.30%
I'll take the quartering too, but not quartering away hard
11.63%
I'll just bust him in the neck if theres no shot.
17.44%
Nah I'll pass and wait to see him another day.
38.37%
Who cares, I hate polls.
17.44%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Passing on a shot.

Old 01-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Passing on a shot.

i'll see him another day
Old 01-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's ok, we know the truth.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:44 PM

Couldent pick I would have to make the decison at that time.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

Seems like you northern boys just dont like passing up a shot. Us southerners will pass. Why is that ? If I see a big buck that is quartering away hard, I wont take that shot, I just shrug it off and hope to see him another day. But you guys up north will take that shot and hope for the best.

Multiple answers are allowed
First off, where do you hunt. Here it is: IF YOU HUNT WITH A RIFLE ANY SHOT WILL KILL THAT DEER AS LONG AS IT PASSES THROUGH THE VITALS, which with a rifle you're bullet is gonna reem that deer all the way through, and don't say it won't cause I've seen it happen in a million cases. My budd's dad shot a mulie at 425 right up the butt all the way through the fron and dropped him on the spot. A shotgun is another story. With my ML i'll take nearly any shot. Not nescessarily right up the pooper, but i've done it before and never lossed a deer on it. The only time i've lost a deer was with a bow.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:34 PM

I have shot all my deer with my CB and the have all been broadside twenty yards. This year I shot my first deer with a gun. It was my knight ML and I was really shocked by how much damage a bullet does to the frount shoulder[:@]. Next year all my close range ML shots will be neck, but if its over 75 yards I will probally take a vital. Nice pics reb!!
Old 01-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like you northern boys just dont like passing up a shot. Us southerners will pass. Why is that ? If I see a big buck that is quartering away hard, I wont take that shot, I just shrug it off and hope to see him another day. But you guys up north will take that shot and hope for the best.

I believe it's you yanks that started that texas heart shot thang. cause it doesnt happen down here.
Really.
I swear to god if I read one more sentence containings "you northerners" I'm going to scream. What the hell gives you the right toautomatically assumehalf the country would take the shot because they aren't from the south? There is obviously not an ounce of validity in this poll, you just created it to start s**t, and it's obviously working. It'svery admirable to be proud of where you come from, I am. ButI don't put down half a country to try and convince myself that I am superior, because that is exactly what you are doing. Who are you trying to impress? Is there someone you need to convince? Isn't it enough to hold your own belief that where you live is indeed a great place? You really need to get over your stereotypical views of society outside your little safety circle there pal and move into the 21st century.

Just for the record, I'm equally opposed to people saying "you southerners" I hate that whole stereotype.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Seems like you northern boys just dont like passing up a shot. Us southerners will pass.
easily the most idiotic statement I've read in awhile.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Dominant Buck

A head or neck shot will drop an animal instantly with little or no meat damage, but should only be used if you are proficient enough with your firearm.

Whitetails.com Best Shot Placement on Whitetail Deer
Old 01-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll take my chances on seeing him again, another day!
Old 01-23-2006, 01:13 PM

Yada yada yada. "northern boys" yeah, we all hunt the same and are trigger happy and $hitty shots. Just like all you "southern men" have sunburnt necks and take the Texas Heart Shot. I've never heard a crappy shot named after a northern state. You're doing a great job breaking down the stereotype of ignorant southerners, keep up the good work

Quick Reply: Passing on a shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.