HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Just for MY friends ..GREAT Buck..GREAT story (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/129104-just-my-friends-great-buck-great-story.html)

DoctorDeath 01-16-2006 12:42 PM

Just for MY friends ..GREAT Buck..GREAT story

I found this story in this months issue of Big Buck Magazine ..I thought it was an interesting story and wanted to share it with my friends ...this guy shot this buck through the main beam with a slug gun.. reloaded and shot him on the run ... man what a nice buck and a super story!

dd

longrifle1000 01-16-2006 12:46 PM

RE: Just for MY friends ..GREAT Buck..GREAT story

Thats a very impressive deer. I'm surprised that slug did completely destroy that antler. I'm also surprised his first shot hit it's rack, and the second one connected on a running deer. But, very impressive indeed.

Bionicrooster 01-16-2006 12:48 PM

wow, can't believe that didn't break the rack off! what a buck.

PA Bow/Flinter 01-16-2006 01:19 PM

Well, I don't know if you would consider me a friend anymore or not...because we have different opinions. But I must say because I am entitled to my own opinion....THAT IS ONE HECK OF A BUCK!

I would have thought the slug would have torn that antler right off. I guess it just shows how tough bone really is. I wonder if bone antlers are tougher than like a human bone. I would think a human femur would be shattered in half...then again, that antler is prolly thicker.

Non-the-less....that is a great buck and congrats to the lucky hunter.

BTBowhunter 01-16-2006 01:36 PM

I'm amazed that the shot didnt shatter the rack. Thats a neat buck and a neater story!

Spiffy 01-16-2006 03:11 PM

I also read that story, pretty neat! Amazing it didn't break.[&:]

Also it states "Running broad side some 70 yards out,the first shot missed it's target. However, when Les fired the second round, the 12-gauge slug connected, and the buck hit the ground hard.With the buck stuggling to regain it's footing, Les fired a finnishing shot.The slug went though one of the main beams but luckily did not break off the antler."

[/align]

toadder 01-16-2006 04:09 PM

That is a great buck and me too i am surprised it didn't break right off. that would make me angry.[:@]

early in 01-16-2006 04:53 PM

Sounds like a hail mary shot! Why shoot at a running deer at all?[:'(]That being said, that is anAWESOME buck.:)

DoctorDeath 01-16-2006 05:04 PM

Well I can barley hit a deer standing still much less running but I do not fault him for that ...hunters using dogs or doing a push shoot at running deer all the time ... but boy thats a cool rack ...

dd

stretchhunts 01-16-2006 05:41 PM

yeah that`s a cool rack right there plus he`s got one heck of a story to go with it. That`s the holy buck,LOL. I know that was stupid but couldn`t help myself.