Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters >

Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Old 01-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

ORIGINAL: Criggster

I would like to say thank you to all of the modest hunters out there. If everyone posted all of their deer kills on this board it would truely be a mess!
I would have to agree, but that just me. Some guys like allot of attention and I’m not one of them...[>:]
Old 01-12-2006, 09:40 PM

I enjoy reading posts of people having a successful season. I have had a horrible time this year, and enjoy reading of others having better luck than I. And you can bet your boots if I killed a bunch this year everyone would be sick of seeing my ugly mug too. People get excited about it, and want to share the excitement. What is wrong with that? If you don't want to partake in it, then don't. It is all personal choice.IMHO
Old 01-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me I enjoy them,I really like the firstdeer for the kids.Doe's can be trophys too.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hillbilly17

Double D -- When we gonna meet up.. You should really try to put that lunch together.

H.B. we can do that for sure...I was thinking of anyone who would like to in our area getting together maybe next month ... on a Saturday ..

dd
Old 01-13-2006, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

I like seeing and reading the posts too. And you can bet your best rifle/shotgun/bow that if I get another this year it will be posted here.I havebeen hunting a long time and taken many deer, but am new to this site so have not posted those. Look at it or not is up to you, but just because I post it does not mean I'm bragging. I believe that everyone should be passionate about at least one thing. I'm passionate about hunting. Normally I'm a pretty quiet, reserved guy who keeps well to himself. However, although I don't know a single one of you personally, but sort ofthink of ya'll huntin buddies. I consider this sort of a place where we as hunters have chosen to come and share our experiences with the others.
Keep the posts and pics coming, I think most of us like them and those who don't can simply not open them.
Best to all,
Craig
Old 01-13-2006, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I for one am not a modest hunter.Here's what I harvested this year and the stories that go with them.

Just as I was heading into the woods these two jumped right out at me. I was quick to shoulder my gun though and dropped 'em both! Didn't want to post a picture with lots of blood, tongues hanging out and in the bed of my truck so I cleaned them up a bit before posting them.

These here, oh man I just couldn't believe it. I walked 10 feet into the woods and wouldn't you know these little buggers belowjumped right out in front of me before I could get a shot off. On my way out that night I made a perfect shot on one of them as I was unloading my muzzle loader though!!I cleaned these up too so there wasn't a lot of blood or hanging tongues.

Darndest thing happened when I tried to cook 'em though. They melted! Can you believe it? Anyone have a good recipe for them that will keep them from melting?

All in good fun.

For the trackers out there, I did follow some of the them. They went from one backyard to another, house hugging all the way until they crossed the highway or went ontoland that was off limits.

[/align]
Old 01-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ahhhhhhhh nuttn like "Track Soup" LOL

dd
Old 01-13-2006, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

I love seeing what people post. It doesn't matter if they harvest 1 or 50. I love to hear the stories and the end result, obviously with a picture to make it better.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:20 AM

It doesn't bother me. What ever makes you happy. Personally I don't like to brag on here to much. This is my first season on this site though. I don't post everytime I tag one. I can't take nearly as many deer here in NY as compared to the Doc in Tenn. ButI enjoy reading the stories and I too like to share mine once inwhile. I think we have a good balance on this site. Just MHO.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love seeing the pics and reading the stories. That's what it is all about IMO. You share stories at camp right? This forum just gives us an opportunity to share with a lot of people. I really like The Doc's. He obvisously has been hunting for years and killed big deer, but still gets excited when given an opportunity to take a doe or a young buck.

I say the more the better. Keep em coming!!!

Quick Reply: Just a Thank You to Modest Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.