Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Albino Whitetail

Old 01-11-2006, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Albino Whitetail

I don't know how factual this story is but the pictures are great! I got this at work today.

"Pass this around, a lot of folks have never and will never see even a picture of an Albino deer fawn...... Albino Fawn from folks who live on Bolivar Peninsula! , Texas. A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetimes experience! Mark saw this lil' feller run out in front of a car, thought it was a lost baby goat. Stopped to get it, and WOW. A real Albino Whitetail Deer. Just hours old, but doing fine. No Moma deer around. Another car nearly hit it in front of Mark.. Well,, he is THE neatest thing any of us ever saw. And such a 'freak of nature', that only 1 in more than a million are even born. He took his bottle of food, followed us around the house, doing great. So, we called the Zoo & Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but going to send him to a Rehab farm, at a vet that we have never gotte! n along with... So, one of Dad's best friends is our Game Warden. Kinda reluctantly, but, I called him and told him the deal. He came right over, of course... and assured me that he wouldn't take it to that vet, that he was
going to 'go to higher levels' than that with him.. So, he is gone now. We got a lot of pix, and something we will never see again probably, so it was very cool. Maybe he will make it in
captivity somewhere and be appreciated. So rare... Sure wanted to keep him tho. but, not the thing to do. And not LEGAL either ; But, here are a couple of pix to show ya. He was snow white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kids called him POWDER. He was SO small. That is my shoe lying beside him... WOW..how cool is that??"

Old 01-11-2006, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Albino Whitetail

Another photo.

Old 01-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

That's just plain sweet !
Old 01-11-2006, 09:21 AM

I heard that the mom got hit by a car on the road, and they took it home. The fawn was later given to the local DNR and i dont know where it went from there, i think they were looking for a reputable deer farm to raise the deer. This is what i heard, so i dont know if it is factual.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Thats awesome!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Dominant Buck

After 50yrs in the woods, the first albino fawn I had ever seen was in north FL in 1998. My partner and I looked at each other, did you see what I saw? We were driving down a tight logging road and the doe and the complete white albinofawn crossed in front of the truck. Never had I or my partner seen one before. Glad I had a witness with me at the time or it's like telling someone you seen a martian in the woods!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those pics went are a year ago...do a little searching and I am sure you will find the whole story.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had one at my house a few years ago and they are real tame in nature and arent hardly scared of humans i got within 10 yd from one at my house in a red shirt. we now have a half white deer here now

Old 01-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

That would be an awesome sight! I've never seen an albino, or apiebald in the wild!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

that little thing is the sweetest thing ever.. just amazing!!

Quick Reply: Albino Whitetail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.