Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DD scores again ... #10

Old 01-10-2006, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DD scores again ... #10

Thank you 3-D ...I know success breeds contempt for someso I will just have to learn to live with it I suppose ...but in the meantime I will be eating some fine jerky...

Old 01-10-2006, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's Doc. I'd love to see the pic. It's a shame that you cannot post it because of the comments from our "trophy" hunting friends.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on number 10 dd! Whack em and stack em!!

I do have to ask a question though. A few weeks back, you posted a thread where you were livid about a novice guest hunter who shot a young deer in your area. This gives the impression that you are trying to practice some restraint and selectivity. Was this buck an old cull buck orwas he a young one?Regardless, I personally would encourage you to post a pic. We should all be proud of what we bag.

I'm also glad to see you apologized to Buckeye, asking fair legitimate questions doesnt make someone a peckerhead. Personal attacks make someone a peckerhead and we have plenty of em here.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:15 AM

kill as many as you want, it is legal, congrads
Old 01-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you Gus ... BTB as for the buck I shot yesterday he would field dress at about 120 lbs I would say ... as for what Buckeye said ..when I read his post it seemd tome to be a facetious remark in reguards to "5 imature" bucks..Im not sure why he could not just have said "Good job" or"hey how about showing a pic" ..or any number of things but he had to make in my opinion a snyde remark... maybe I was wrong and thats why I appogised BUT I still think it was a slam ... he would have no idea as to what size or age buck I shot yesterday all I saidis it was not a "trophy"I never mentioned anything about it being imature ..that is why I did not and will not no matter how mature the deer is will post pictures on this forum again...I will share my hunting stories and success but no more pictures... all it does is give fotter for all the so called "Trophy"hunters to throw darts ..which is no big deal but it sure gets old ..not to mention I am sure most of the guys on here get tired of it to ..

dd
Old 01-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is 120 lbs a young buck or an older buck? I'm one of thoise "yankees' and know that southern deer run smaller but I dont know how much smaller in Alabama.

Go ahead, give us a pic!!
Old 01-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

BTW as far as "Yankee" bucks go its small Im sure ..as far as bucks in north Alabama its about average ... most weigh about 150 to 175 on the hoof and will field dress out around 120 to 130 ...and beleive it or not I have a few "Yankee" buddys on here LOL

dd

Old 01-10-2006, 07:37 AM

DD keep on rolling like the TIDE

BUT GO DAWGS
Old 01-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

For the record (for what it's worth). I'm not sure if I am being refered to as "the trophy police" or not. But, I have never and will never put anyone down for shooting any kind of deer legally. I've shot my share of young bucks in my time. I'm now at the point where I prefer to shoot what I consider a trophy buck. Just my personal preference. I am not one of those trophy hunters that believe the entire nation should adopt the same style of hunting as I do. It's just what I do and would like to have done with the people that hunt my land.

There are pieces of land that I hunt that the chance of taking a mature whitetail are slim and none. Not big enough to manage and the neighbors are more than willing to shoot anything with horns (which is fine). So I can clearly see why there are a lot of hunters that shoot young bucks. I am fortunate enough to have some other land that holds some decent bucks and that's what I chose to hunt. Who really cares? I dont' think you should have to explain yourself to WHAT you shoot to anyone (unless it's a guest on your land and you set the standards to them). A trophy is in the eye of the hunter.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:14 AM

I agree NY..."to each his own"

Quick Reply: DD scores again ... #10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.