Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DD scores again ... #10

Old 01-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DD scores again ... #10

I agree with you 100% NY................did I just type that?

Really, I think you are dead nuts on my friend!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good post there NY! I too hunt for ME!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

BHF I understand your question BUT why should I ..not being facetious but why should I not shoot what I want to shoot ....just because you or someone else on here does not approve?
dd
Why so defensive???
Where did I say that I didn't approve. I asked a simple question. You assumed I didn't approve. You probably ASSUMED that I'm a trophy hunter as well??? I go in the woods to hunt Does and if a Buck happens to walk by so be it! Who cares what other people think, I sure don't! I hunt for me...well, and my son! I TOO shoot what I want to Shoot!
The reason I asked is because I LOVE to shoot big old Does, they are a challenge as well! They seem to always be on edge! Ya know. Those bucks learn from some where!

I do not shoot yearlings ..nor will I shoot a momma doe with her yearlings ...if I am on a meat hunt then the rest is fair game.
I agree! I too TRY not to shoot yearlings(Buck/Doe fawns) but have made the mistake over the years. I passed on a few small bucks this year and 1 in particular got blasted down the way! I knew this was going to happen but at least I let him pass, but I did it for ME! One of these days I'll get a nice buck and if I don't oh well! I'll enjoy the hunt until then!

Like I said before congrats on #10 and now congrats on #11! There sure are alot of "drama queens" on here lately aye Doc??
[/quote]
Old 01-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL ...yeh BHF ;ots of "drama queens" ...and I did not get defensive with you I was just making a point ..thats the problem with this computer becasue sometimes you can't here the tone the statement was made in ... and thanks just seems to be one of those years ..

dd
Old 01-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its all good Doc! I thought I had a good year! Well I did but not on North America......Wait....I did have a good year here as well! Just think any minute your gonna get # 12!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

BHF the bucks are just now starting to get frisky ..the one I shot this morning was not stinking yet but his tarcel's where dark and was smelling a tad ....also NY ...your starting to make me think I may have misjudged you a little ... Ole Doc is starting to kind of like you a little ...

dd
Old 01-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ole Doc is staing to kind of like you a little ...

My mother warned me about something like this with you southern boys![:-][8D]
Old 01-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Will you two get a room already!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on Doc.....post some pics. I'd like to see them. Congrats on a VERY successful season.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

My point is. I go to land #2 with ZERO expectations of seeing a "trophy" buck let alone sit in a stand hunting one that isnt' there. If this type of land is all that is available to some hunters then how can someone expect them to "hold out for the big boys"?
BINGO

i also hunt more than one tract, or have in years past[&o], i hunt according to what is going on around me, i'm not looking for approval on what i shoot or what i pass up, btw i passed on a decent 8 the other day so the landowners son might get a shot at him, had the LO's son not been in the equation that buck would have been mine, like DD mentioned its just starting to get interesting here, the hunting that is, hopefully i will get pictures when/if the songets a shot, although they haven't seen him yet, and it means more to me for a young person to kill a decent one like the one my best friends son killed last year, i mean the smile of a young kid with a great buck is priceless in my book

Quick Reply: DD scores again ... #10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.