Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what do you guys think about the summit >

what do you guys think about the summit

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what do you guys think about the summit

Old 01-06-2006, 07:27 PM

Default what do you guys think about the summit

broadhead back packer? I just bought one on ebay, new just wondering what to expect. I have or had a summit viper. This will be my first "newer" summit stand. I liked the folding flat option and the no bar in front for bow and the bar just gets in my way anyhow.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: what do you guys think about the summit

I got one. It took me a while to get used to packing it but I love it.
Chuck
Old 01-06-2006, 07:36 PM

ah come on now chuck, more info than that please LOL what about comfort, quietness, setting up. I've never used the new style of cables. Or connections what ever you want to call it.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Spike

I BOUGHT THAT STAND LAST YEAR, USED IT ALL SEASON. GREAT STAND. QUIET, CLIMBS GREAT, VERY COMFORTABLE. IT TAKES GETTING USE TO FOLDING AND UNFOLDING IN THE DARK ( MAKES A LITTLE NOISE UNTILL YOU MASTER IT ) BOTTOM LINE...GREAT STAND.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:09 PM

i don't understand how it folds up and then stays that way, even when you climb with it
Old 01-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Dominant Buck

OK I had lots of bugs with it but it was probably me. I will list a list of helpful hints that I learned about the stand that may help you.
Warning..it's just a tool so be careful..always wear that harness.

1. When transporting ..always screw the 5/16 " bolt knobs tight on the 5/16 inch studs..{ to keep knobs from flopping around.

2. The platform is made to slide down into the seat.Caution...always be careful to align the stirrups to to push free through the platform to not break those plastic little darlings.

3. I have a 16' rope tied arounf the arm of the stand. I use this to keep the stands together. and pull my 30-30 up from the ground.Pull tight. MY STAND DOES NOT RATTLE WHEN TRANSPORTING.

4. Don't forget to pull your seat back through the platform to rest against your back when packing. { I'm talkin gabout the back with the bunggy cord. When attaching the 2 halves together that goes through the platform. then wrap the bunggy completely around the two stand parts.
{ Tha tin itself is almost strongenough to hold the two parts together.}

Warning ...Make sure your cables are dead center when puttin gthem in and not side ways. the stand has 5/16 cable which according to Lowes holds 840 pounds. Tha tis good. I love my Summit. With practice I can get up and down the tree fast an dquiet.

WARNING Make sure you have about a 2 1/2' rope tied GOOD connecting the two sections. The bottom could slide down the tree.Solid ...yes. I Great platform for archery or standing up and stretchig your legs.

I did not like the video which came with it. I had to learn on my own how to pack it. Very comfortable hiking. I walk about 1 good mile.Fact I'm gon gto be carrying it in 1 1/2 hours. Very easy to carrry and mine is totally quiet. If it was stolen ..I'd buy another. I 've seen the Viper..I like this better.

CHuck7
Old 01-07-2006, 02:34 PM

well I could practice using it but it was delivered to UPS this morning at 4 am. And the ups place is about 45min from where I live. And the delivery date is the 9th. I bet them ppl are going to let it set there until the 9th before they deliver it. that kinda irratates me. You would think they would deliever it being I am not that far away. I would have goen and picked it up, but I didn't know if they had it off the truck and I dind't want to drive 45 mins to find out I wouldn't be able to pick it up. And I would have called but they are not listed. ARRR!!!! LOL
Old 01-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Dominant Buck

After you get used to it.YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! I was in mine this morning. The plastic coating will come off the cables fast...don't worry about that. When they start to get rust on them I would buy a new set of cables. I've3 used mine over 30 times still no rust and have kept it out in the swamp for a week before. { Locked up}If you ever have a problem packing it ..make a post and I will send you photos .
God bless,
Chuck