Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gorilla Expedition Treestand?????

Old 01-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gorilla Expedition Treestand?????

Has anyone on here used this type before. I already own a Gorilla Kong, and I just got permission to bowhunt another farm next fall so I was going to buy 2 more stands.

I got on Bass Pro and was looking around and saw that both the Kong and the Expedition were priced at $80. I think the Expedition normally runs around $110. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with how comfortable they are. I have never used a net seat like that before.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.SubClass?hvarDept=400&hvarEvent=&h varClassCode=7&hvarSubCode=3&cmid=HUSUB_OS _TREESTANDS_NONCLIMBINGTREESTANDS
Old 01-05-2006, 02:47 PM

Default RE: Gorilla Expedition Treestand?????

I have a Gorilla greyback climber, which has the same style seat...hammock netting...I find it very comfortable, but when a cold wind blows, your rear end has no extra insulation like from a padded seat. But in warm times...perfect. And I feel it may also carry less scent problems, since it is only netting. Very durable though. I would buy the Gorilla brand. Tony!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah the scent in my padded seat of my other Gorilla stand always concerned me. The quality of my Kong standis great and I use it more than any of my other stands. I was just looking at the Expeditions a few months ago and saw they were $120, but thenet seat seems comfortable to me.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I heard they are great but they make the aluminum version which I will be buying for next season! It has the XLS as well
Old 01-06-2006, 07:11 AM

I have one,nice stand,light and comfy.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:02 AM

I say it's not worth theextra moneyI would stick with the Kong.I bought two more at christmas with the XLS for 79 dollars a piece at cabelas. the Gorillas are a great hang on stand!!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Actually I think it's a great stand. I just purchased one myself, on sale for $41. I own Ol'man stands and the net seating is very comfortable.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the reviews guys. I'm going over to Bass Pro tomarrow to take a final look at them. I liked them when I just looked over them a few months ago, so I'll probably be coming home with 2 of them. Also going to look for a scope for my shotgun.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:03 PM

I have 2 gorilla kong lock ons and I like them very weel. I have not used one with a net seat though I might give it a try next year.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I went to Bass Pro today and they didn't have any in stock, so I think I'm just going to order one off their website. I wanted to look them over before I bought one again, but I'm pretty sure I will like it.

I did finally get a scope for my shotgun though.