Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!! >

aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!!

Old 12-29-2005, 08:02 PM

Default RE: aint seen a deer in 3 weeks!!!!!

I just started hunting this year. Been about 4 times with the step dad up to some private land in
Uwharrie. They put out corn and apples every day and I've yet to see a deer. I did see a coyote the day after Christmas but did'nt have time to shot it. Im going Saturday to try one more time this year.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:16 PM

the only thing planted in the field is grass. i did try something diffrent today. i went to the other side of the cutover which is an old field planted with pines that are now about 6ft tall and thick with tall grass. i sat one one end and a friend sat on the other. there are no trees big enough to climb so we sat on the ground. we didn't see anything. there only one tree thats big enough/small enough to climb on the cutover. the wind is usely SE and im facing the cutover to the east. but theres another cutover dirrectly across the road and i think they are comeing outta that one. i found some trails crossing the road. i thought about puttin some corn out on the powerline in the cutover thats next to the field but im runnin out of time since the season ends on monday. and i got to work friday and saturday morning. this is one smart buck and im gonna try to get him during bow season. my only problem w/ bow season is when i put out corn all i get is does. what if i moved my trail cam around during the summer untill i find out his path that he takes everyday?
Old 12-30-2005, 03:03 PM

Probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and move it now while he's stillgot his headgear on. Right after season ends on Mon. move it until you catch him, then start on next year's plan to ambush him.I don't know about central NC but in my area (Nash,Wilson and Johnston Co.) most big bucks bed down in many different areas, not just one general area.They are usually bedded back down before daylight and except for the rut (pre-rut etc.) move only a short distance during the day to stretch,use the bathroom and get a quick bite to eat and drink before bedding back down until after dark.We have alot of pressure from hunters and dog hunters.Off season SCOUTING will give you your best chance. Just my .02 worth Good Luck on him and good luck with the last couple of days.(Maybe we can hunt on Sundays soon)
Old 12-30-2005, 03:17 PM

I hunt a very hot spot but this year it isn't doing anything. In the past 5 years, this spot would fill up with deer around 30 mins before dark. I just found out the other day that "we" have ANOTHER guy hunting on us. My inlaws (who will let anyone hunt there) gave him permission and he has killed 5 doe. I am already planning on leasing some land next year so I dont have to deal with this crap. I am betting that this hot spot is going to turn into a waste of time within the next few years. There are abotu 10 ppl in all hunting the same spot. Half are wounding deer, half are hitting them but never finding the deer. I bet the deer pop has dropped drastically in the past 5 years. I don't kill doe all the time because I think they help bring in the bucks. I know bucks have their own travel route but does do help during the rut.