Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Bomb

Old 12-28-2005, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default Buck Bomb

Ive been reading in the huntin mags about a "buck bomb". Its like the bug bombs you use in your house or camper except now they spray doe scent or something........Im thinking of trying one this weekend.
Anybody have any scoop on them ?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:41 AM

Default RE: Buck Bomb

I would like to know about these as well. I had never seen them until I went to Bass pro shop yesterday to return some boots.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used one this year, They are made by Tinks if I am accurate and they just hang on a tree limb. I had a few encounters with some small bucks, but never had the chances at a large buck out of that stand... Good luck!
Old 12-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

they are just like a bug bomb, but they don't let all the scent out. you depress and disperse the amount of scent you want from the can at what time you want. very popular here in va.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

I used one this year, They are made by Tinks if I am accurate and they just hang on a tree limb. I had a few encounters with some small bucks, but never had the chances at a large buck out of that stand... Good luck!
I think you are thinking of Tinks scent bombs
http://image.basspro.com/images/images2/68500/68795.jpg" />

I was wondering about this

http://www.buckbomb.com/images/stories/BuckBombCanisters.gif" />
Old 12-28-2005, 01:33 PM

my dad tried one of the buck bombs and he said that it lasted about 5 min. before it run out, and said that he did not see anything. but that was like the 3week of Oct. so there aint much goin on weres we are so i dont know useing one aint really enough to base results off of
Old 12-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Dominant Buck

The Buck Bomb

[/align]
The Buck Bomb is what you get when a bunch of hunters are assigned legitimate work. For the makers of The Buck Bomb, they were researching fogging techniques for other applications and inevitably the jokes about using the technology for hunting began to roll. Soon the jokes stopped and things got serious. What they came up with is a unique scenting system for deer hunting.

Each can of Buck Bomb contains two ounces of whitetail urine that is turned into a fine mist/gas. Set the can down near your stand, depress the aerosol tab and let the contents completely empty out. A three mile-per-hour wind can disperse the urine gas/mist 1/8th of a mile. As the scent disperses, it sticks to leaves, trees, the ground and anything else with which it comes into contact — effectively creating a scent cone back to your stand.

Available in doe estrus, dominant buck, young buck, doe p, vanilla curiosity.

MSRP: $6.99 to $7.99 per two-ounce can
More info: www.buckbomb.com
Old 12-28-2005, 03:17 PM

they are very popular here in md. the 2 guys that created it live in md and it is made in delaware. it really depends on the time of year that it is used. the estrus works great during the rut. It also depends on the area that your in some you will get a reasponse from, some areas they will stick there noses up and their tounges out.

when you go to use it, DO NOT SPRAY THE WHOLE BOTTLE. spray a few short spurts on the ground where u want them to stop then after you are in stand do a few quick squirts. Thenevery half hour or so after do a squirt

good luck if you try it
Old 12-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I set one off in WV and saw does, but no bucks on that hunt. My buddy drilled a 9 pointer when he set his off, BUT THE BUCK WAS WORKING A SCRAPE LINE AND WASN'T COMING IN TO THE BOMB SCENT. I agree onnotclipping it all the way on anddispersing the whole thing at once.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

who farted

Quick Reply: Buck Bomb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.