Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Bow
61.18%
Gun
38.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Bowhunt or Gunhunt??

Old 12-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowhunt or Gunhunt??

Bow without a doubt-

I like the challenge of getting a mature buck within 20 yards of me. IMO everything about bowhunting requires more dedication and skill than gun hunting.

Old 12-28-2005, 08:04 AM

I voted gun just becasue thats how I started out hunting. During bow season I'm usually kickin up pheasants or in the turkey woods, cuz thats what my dad did. We hunt in a shotgun only area so I do get pretty up close and personal with a lot of the deer I take. I would love to try bow hunting tho. Always wanted to hunt the better part of the rut. I'm thinkin of getting in to it maybe next season.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:41 AM

If I had to choose it would be bow. The seasons are longer, there are less people in the woods, the weather is nicer, and the big bucks are just settling in before being chased around by rampant gunfire.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have took over 75 deer with a bow ... but am now at an age I just cant see well enough to focus on the tip of my arrow and see the target ... I can see fine far off but up close its just a blurr ..so now I have bought a crossbow ..will try it next year but until then the rifle will do.

dd
Old 12-28-2005, 12:31 PM

tough choice but i went with the bow. Mainly cause it take a lot more patience than with a gun and u have to be more disaplined(sp) with not movin and bein quite, plus u dont have to clean a bow like u do a gun after each shootin sesion or after u kill a deer.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

I love shooting a deer with a bow you fell like you earned it more but when you got a gun in hand you can touch any thing were I hunt.And I always get mad buck fever when I have a bow in hand.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Bow is more challenging. But the gun is my favorite. IMO nothing beats the loud bang of a gun and then the smell of a shell that was shot.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:40 PM

Bow...

I love the sound the arrow makes when it passes through. Like it just went through a 20 pound tub of butter...
Old 12-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love both types, but I would have to pick bowhunting. The season is longer, andthe majority of the timeI have the woods to myself at our 350 acre farm. Also using a bow is more of a challenge.It's not unusual for me to eat one of my archery tags, but most of the time I have filled both my shotgun tags before the second season. And the more time I spend in the woods the better IMO.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:22 PM

If I had to pick one over the other; hands down it would be bowhunting...I only had a rifle in my hand 5 days this year...

Quick Reply: Bowhunt or Gunhunt??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.