Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Big Buck

Old 12-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Big Buck

regardless, it is a beauty.... that's for sure...

Old 12-28-2005, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Beautiful buck, but there ain't no way it has those measurements.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

The pic looks fudged to me.

I cant believe the size nor the measurments. Texas says on average that a whitetail bucks ears are 13" from tip to tip. I would give this buck maybe double that being 26" (not bad). If the buck weighs 228 lbs i'm more impressed with the size of that pooch. WOW what a dog!

That cant be a free ranging deer. I thought the King Ranch had a 12' fence around it and that they shot steroids or something in them bucks.Haven'ttheyseen Bigfoot on that reanch too!
Old 12-28-2005, 10:36 AM

20k for a monster is wayyyy too much money! But that is a MONSTER
Old 12-28-2005, 11:20 AM
JPF
Fork Horn

DougMD, youre right Milo Hansen does have the record at 213 and change. I agree that there would be more hype about this deer ( even if it was penned) if it did surpass the current world record by that much. You have to have a lot go right with a rack to break the record by that much. But record or not, still a very nice deer, I definitly wouldnt hesistate to pull the trigger, would I pay 20K for it not likely. I'd like mine to cost me the 40 bucks for my tag and not be in a fence. I'm not saying that the deer was tied up waiting for the hunter, just saying thats not how i would do it, each to there own. Very nice deer no matter where it was taken or what it scores
Old 12-28-2005, 02:35 PM

Twenty thousand dollars? I've been hunting for over 40 years, averaging over 40 days in the field a year, probably spent that amount and then some but no monster buck... Yet.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:42 AM

Testing. testing. 1-2
Old 07-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DoctorDeath
Thats a GREAT buck with a BIG price tag ...according to Kings prices that buck cost the hunter over 20K ....

dd
The bad part about this is the fact that this sport is leaning towards a "Rich Mans Sport". And someone was willing to shoot an animal for 20K dollars that we (Hunters in Ohio) could have pointed this guy/gal in the right direction for a deer of comperable size and mass for 19,700.00 less. Just my opinion...this is sad.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

One area that definitely has been doctored: Measurements and score. That buck is not 200 class net.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by early in
That pic sure looks real to me. Incredable buck but paying cash for a specific trophy isn't hunting to me. Can deer from that ranch be entered into the books?
I don't think King Ranch is high-fenced, so, they can be entered. I believe King Ranch is roughly the size of Rhode Island...

Quick Reply: Big Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.