Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A deer's reaction to cams

Old 12-26-2005, 03:05 PM

Default A deer's reaction to cams

[/align]
[blockquote]Does anyone know what a deers reaction is when a trail camera'sflash hit's his eyes? Does it bother them or do they keep on doing what they are doing? Do they ever run away or fear an area where they got their picture taken? Can they even see the flash?

Thanks for any replies.

[/align][/blockquote]
Old 12-26-2005, 03:36 PM

Default RE: A deer's reaction to cams

i don't think it bothers them at all. i have my camera set to shoot 3 shots when it is triggered.the shots arespaced out to a minute apart. many times the deer are closer on the second and third shots. there are times when i think it may even draw them closer for a better look.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:30 PM

Thanks. Anyone else have an opinion?

[/align]
Old 12-26-2005, 07:44 PM

well I dont own one but my brother in law does andI asked him the same question and he said the same thing as missed another said, i would like to purchase one but dont have the cash flow.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:52 PM

Ihave my cam set at 4 minute intervals and on numerous nights I have multiple pictures after the flash. doesn't seem to bother them much. What I have seen is right before dark I had some come in and my cam has a flashing red led on the front. A large doe was spooked when it got close to the cam and I could not figure out why untilI figured out the red flashing LED was spooking her. Idisconnected the red LED.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:04 PM

My new moultrie has a flashing LED light on the front when it is triggered. Is yours a moultrie as well? If so how do you like it?

[/align]
Old 12-28-2005, 07:00 AM

I cover up the LED. I now get more pictures of bucks. As the others have said the flash does not seem to bother them. (Multiple pics of the same deer).

I do have a picture of a deer with all four feet of the ground as if it was scared by the flash but It is only one out of thousands.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

the deer probly just think its lightning when they see the flash
Old 12-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have actually watched deer walk by my cameras and hadtheflash go off and the deer never paid any attention to it. So does the flash bother or spook the deer? I don't think it does. All last winter I hadpictures of a big buckon a dailybases so had the flash botheredhim I don't think he would of kept coming around.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:19 PM

I can't remember the name of the web-site but a fellow was up in a tree hunting and had a video camera. At the other end of the field he had a trail cam. He watched three does walk by and recorded their re-action, as the trail cam took pictures of the does as well as him in the tree hunting and recording. He appeared to be over 150 yards at the other end of the field.

The does jumped at the flash and the sound of the camera and kept coming back out of curiosity.

Quick Reply: A deer's reaction to cams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.