Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ok lets be honest who hunted on Christmas and what did you get?

Old 12-26-2005, 07:29 AM

Default RE: Ok lets be honest who hunted on Christmas and what did you get?

HUNT ON CHRISTMAS DAY!!! Yeah Right...Not around my house....My family puts up w/ alot of me being away from home hunting and missing alot of activities but Christmas Day is not one I think I could get by with...Did get to go out and put out a couple trail cams with my brother-n-law and drive around the farm for about an hour though...
Old 12-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Couldn't make it out this year, buta couple yrs backgot this doe on Christmas.

Old 12-26-2005, 08:05 AM

Went in the morning and evening yesterday...

Didn't get anything, which will piss some of you off because I saw 39-40 deer...

Saw 15-16 doe that morning and a small buck...

Saw 20 doe that evening and two spikes with a forky taggin' along...

Can't shoot doe in this county and can shoot any deer with both beams branched unless it's a 13" or greater spread... Coulda taken the spikes though, but figured I'd look for a nice buck...

My uncle told me when I left that evening that he'd come down later on and sit against a tree near the entrance to the field I was hunting (40-acres) so I wouldn't shoot in his direction... Just before dark he saw two really nice 8's along with two forks in a spot I could not see from my tripod blind... they most-likely stepped out into the open asit was too dark (may have been why the two spikes and fork from earlier bolted off just at dark)...
Old 12-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Good Job, .308! Congrat's!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went out for the evening sit on Christmas Eve. I went to a spot that I didn't sit all year. I was talking with my father like I always do on stand, and asking him to bring one by my stand for an early Christmas present. I have always wanted to take a deer in the snow on Christmas Eve! Low and behold 5 minutes later a doe lone doe comes down the trail. She stops at 35 yards and starts smelling the branches. My heart starts pounding like mad. She starts walking towards my shooting lane so I get in position to take a shot. As I turn to my right, my boot squeaks on my stand and she stops dead. Didn't budge for 10 minutes. Where she stopped the trail splits. She went to the left when I was wanting her to come to the right. The right trail would of put her at 18 yards quartering away. The left put her at 24 yards quartering away but too thick to shoot! I was bummed but I did thank my father for the experience! My father passed away this past June! All in all a pretty awesome hunt! Thanks pops!
Old 12-26-2005, 11:54 AM

That's what I call bangin', great photo .308....
Old 12-26-2005, 12:10 PM

after spending last christmas in iraq, the wife would have killed me, but the boys did ask several times,