Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Use hearing protection and shooting glasses
27.78%
Just hearing protection
70.37%
Just shooting glasses
1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

DO you do it?

Old 12-27-2005, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: DO you do it?

neither. I was thinking about this yesterday too. problem with hearing protection (in the field, I always wear protection at the range) is I feel handicapped. glasses, never thought of that, maybe I'll check into it. anyway, I really heard my 243 bark yesterday when I shot this doe. my ears actually rang for a bit afterward. never had that happen with any of my rifles.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:25 AM

niether for me
Old 12-27-2005, 10:46 AM

I spend a lot of time at the range where I use both. In the field I don't use either.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:03 PM

neither...well, if I remember, sometimes when sighting in I'll wear ear plugs. Just how rare is it to have something get into your eye when shooting?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The results are about what I figured. I only use hearing protection as well. And honestly, the reason is probably the same as most. The chances of an accident happening are very low. And I usually don't have a pair handy, otherwise I would wear them.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: stoneman

neither...well, if I remember, sometimes when sighting in I'll wear ear plugs. Just how rare is it to have something get into your eye when shooting?
You won't know till it happens! I much rather see them and not hear them forever, then to hear them and not be able tosee them forever!
Old 12-27-2005, 08:51 PM

Oh i agree! I just wondered if there were any "stats" on the subject. I mean, THOUSANDS of rounds were shot between the few hundred guys I went through basic/AIT with, and no one ever got anything in their eye...had a hot brass or two go down the shirt, but no eye injuries. I planon using both from now on, when target shooting or sighting a gun in. I have2 daughter that have just recently started showing interest in shooting/hunting, and I need to be an example.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:53 PM

RebelHog,
One other thing. I wasn't asking because I wouldn't use it if the "odds" were low (which I'm sure they are), I was just curious.

What are the chances of someone being hit by a train while riding a motorcycle? I don't give a damn, because I GOT HIT.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes Stone, the chance's are rare and they are low......Do you trust your eye sight to Cartridge Companies and Arms Companies?
Old 12-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Ask the guy that this happen to! How many of these were sold world Wide?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.