Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area? >

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

ORIGINAL: TexasHunter86

yea but these deer arnt in a zoo are they. didnt think so. i guess you wouldnt know what its like to have too many deer on your hunting land. none the less i have feeders on my hunting land but i dont shoot my bucks off of them.
If there's too many deer for the enclosure and they need a zoo keeper feeding them for them to survive and zoo keepers to determine the numbers they can afford to feed and people sit around the zoo keepers feed trough to shoot them ...

I guess maybe yer right, that's not a zoo. It's wild Kingdom and yer Jack Hanna.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:15 PM

For people who don't care what I think, ya sure do bring it up a lot.
Wow....good one it was only the topic of the thread to begin with...please just let it die. It's legal in Texas, so I, and apparently many others are here, are going to do it. If you haven't hunted down here, you don't know our situations and views, and if we haven't hunted up there we don't know yours. A 27-page arguement is rather senseless when the whole thing is whether you feed deer or not...think about it.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Should the governmentregulate hunting ethics?

I say no. Whether or not I agree with baiting, I do not and will not support government regulations regarding hunting ethics. It is none of my business how someone else hunts deer, and it is nobody else's business how I hunt deer. If we let the government start regulating based on what the majority think, it only takes 51% of the population to effect new regulations. What if 51% disapprove of baiting? Then we'll outlaw it. What if 51% disapprove of scents? We'll outlaw them. What if 51% of people feel rifles are dangerous and unsporting? We'll restrict it to bowhunting. What if 51% think bowhunting is too primative...

I think ya'll can see where I'm headed with this. Keep in mind when comparing hunters with the rest of the population, we are only a small minority.Hunters wouldbe handing over the decision making powerto those who do not. Is that a road we really want to go down......?
Old 01-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I swore I would not reply on this again but I think North Tex put it where it should be.Are you for the "Nanny State"telling us how to hunt or not?Now the Mods can move it to the "Hunting and Politics"forum and you can go at it for another 27 pages.Have at it!.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stillhunt04

For people who don't care what I think, ya sure do bring it up a lot.
Wow....good one it was only the topic of the thread to begin with...please just let it die. It's legal in Texas, so I, and apparently many others are here, are going to do it. If you haven't hunted down here, you don't know our situations and views, and if we haven't hunted up there we don't know yours. A 27-page arguement is rather senseless when the whole thing is whether you feed deer or not...think about it.
Baiting is just too easy.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: FlDeerman

I swore I would not reply on this again but I think North Tex put it where it should be.Are you for the "Nanny State"telling us how to hunt or not?Now the Mods can move it to the "Hunting and Politics"forum and you can go at it for another 27 pages.Have at it!.
Why should the net nanny move it?

You don't have to look at it. You aren't goint to starve because you didn't read it or respond to it. It's called your conscience and there's a good reason why you can't stand this thread.

Baiting is no different from shooting a sitting duck. It's for jerks, legal or not. In or out of Texas.

BTW, before you get the net nanny to lock your thread, has any one noticed just how little "bait" it takes to "hook" a Texan?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Baiting is no different from shooting a sitting duck. It's for jerks, legal or not. In or out of Texas.
C'mon Jack. That's a little harsh isn't it? You don't have to do it or agree with it, but to say that everyone that does it is a "jerk" is akinda ignorant IMO.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ah, come on Jack. You ain't been the same ever since I said "any one eyed hoosier can kill a monster buck sittingnext toa 40 acre cut Indiana cornfield."

It's just too easy.

C. Davis
Old 01-25-2006, 04:36 PM

I'm in my youth and I don't resort to calling people jerks or other names when I don't agree with them. Big man, Jack Ryan, big man. Stop the bashing POR FAVOR

Old 01-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Should the governmentregulate hunting ethics?

I say no. Whether or not I agree with baiting, I do not and will not support government regulations regarding hunting ethics. It is none of my business how someone else hunts deer, and it is nobody else's business how I hunt deer. If we let the government start regulating based on what the majority think, it only takes 51% of the population to effect new regulations. What if 51% disapprove of baiting? Then we'll outlaw it. What if 51% disapprove of scents? We'll outlaw them. What if 51% of people feel rifles are dangerous and unsporting? We'll restrict it to bowhunting. What if 51% think bowhunting is too primative...

Makes a good looking argument...but has little to do with this subject. I don'tbelieveI have read one person who suggested that baiting should be outlawed because a majority oppose it....

In most cases ethics isn't even the biggest issue with active hunters...the two biggest detrimental impacts most individuals have withbaiting are 1). it negatively affects other non-baiting hunters experience, and 2) most biologists agree it is not a sound practice from an overall deer management perspective.

It is not, and never was an issue of "voting" on anything...The issue is whether it is fair to all hunters, and more importantly, fair to deer!

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.