Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area? >

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-15-2006, 08:02 PM

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

I voted yes, primarily because I believe this country is too dependant on instant gratification as it is, and I also believe that causes most of our problems. It is unsportsmanlike to be lazy. Hunting deer should not be as easy as pulling up to a McDonald's and ordering a Big Mac. If you are only interested inshooting something, go to a range. I was raised to believe that to truly appreciate something, you have to work hard to get it, and if that means walking a few more miles or sitting in the cold for a few more hours, then that isa price weshould all be willing topay. A dead deer is still just a deer, but a hard-earned deer is a trophy.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

I don't know too many Indiana insults! Hmmm., maybe thats because we don't even know that you exist! What ya got there?Kern farmers, and telemarketers!
I think yer talk'n to your self here Tex. You know what it means if ya start answering.

If I'm not mistaken, I've had more astronauts who have actually flown in space come from with in about 5 or 10 miles of where I'm sitting right now than have come from the whole state of Texas.

Oh we got a little school here or two. Check out the graduate degrees designing some of that stuff you are so proud of, I bet you can figure it out. Here's a clue, yer not looking for Texas Tech.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Jack, in your own words, you said you could lay down all those deer, without laying your Cheerio's down! Well, doesn't sound like you need scouting skills, tracking skills, or shooting skills to do that!

We've got 50,000 acre "feeder pens," that are harder to hunt than that!
You are blessed with good deer, and plenty of them, count your blessings, instead of thumping your chest!
How do ya think I found the best place to eat breakfast?

I count my blessings every day, I just wanted ya to understand why I wasn't jumping on the invite to come deer hunting with ya'all. Wouldn't want any hard feelings or nothing.

Now hogs might be a different story.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stillhunt04

By the way, that would be a DEER FEEDER. That's right, a LEGAL means of hunting here in Texas. Of course, you've got to make it easy for us, we aren't very smart...but hey, if this flag worked against the Mexicans, it might as well work today! COME AND TAKE IT!

You said it, not me.
Careful now, some of these Texans are pretty sensitive about that kind of thing.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:25 PM

I'm fifth generation Texan. My family has been in Texas since the Civil War. I don't take offense to it, I don't see why anyone else would be, either. It's a feeder, it's legal in Texas, you yankee's are whining about it, and you can't do anything about it. That's the point of the whole thing.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stillhunt04

I'm fifth generation Texan. My family has been in Texas since the Civil War. I don't take offense to it, I don't see why anyone else would be, either. It's a feeder, it's legal in Texas, you yankee's are whining about it, and you can't do anything about it. That's the point of the whole thing.
LOL, who wants to do anything about it?

I don't care if you ride around Texas shooting them over bait in the morning, out of a truck all day and with a spot light all night. It's all cheating but if you want to cheat, what do I care so long as you are doing it in Texas, have at it.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

Actually Jack, your mentioned methods of "dumping a bucket of corn in a pile" and using a "post hole digger" and pouring corn in the hole are pretty good ways at getting a hog. In fact, after the pile ofcorn sours, which will be pretty fast, that is about all you will see.

I personally would take a 40 acre cornfield any day. I wish we had some around here. I would personally love to come up there and hunt. Of course, I wouldn't be stupid enough to try to shoot across it with a horwitzer. I would just find the best trail leading to and from it. Heck, i hear they take 20 yard bow shots at those Indiana deer. If a Hoosier can do that, I'm sure I would look like Daniel Boone with a rifle.

C. Davis
Old 01-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

To those Northern anti's I wish some of you could hunt down here and hunt.I doubt if many of the feeder's ever see snow except on tv.The deer use the corn as a snack and may only eat it at night.There is always other foods that they can eat.Our deer are not starving and don'tneed the corn to make it through the winter.BUT since this will never end I'll come forth and say"I'm a cheater"I hunt with other cheaters and we deer slayers should just sit back and let the non-feeders(known henceforthas NF's)dazzle us with there wisdom.
Now do all of you feel better?
Old 01-17-2006, 01:32 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: C. Davis

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

Actually Jack, your mentioned methods of "dumping a bucket of corn in a pile" and using a "post hole digger" and pouring corn in the hole are pretty good ways at getting a hog. In fact, after the pile ofcorn sours, which will be pretty fast, that is about all you will see.

I personally would take a 40 acre cornfield any day. I wish we had some around here. I would personally love to come up there and hunt. Of course, I wouldn't be stupid enough to try to shoot across it with a horwitzer. I would just find the best trail leading to and from it. Heck, i hear they take 20 yard bow shots at those Indiana deer. If a Hoosier can do that, I'm sure I would look like Daniel Boone with a rifle.

C. Davis
You'd look more like a jail bird. Anybody could kill white tails with a rifle.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:35 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: FlDeerman

To those Northern anti's I wish some of you could hunt down here and hunt.I doubt if many of the feeder's ever see snow except on tv.The deer use the corn as a snack and may only eat it at night.There is always other foods that they can eat.Our deer are not starving and don'tneed the corn to make it through the winter.BUT since this will never end I'll come forth and say"I'm a cheater"I hunt with other cheaters and we deer slayers should just sit back and let the non-feeders(known henceforthas NF's)dazzle us with there wisdom.
Now do all of you feel better?
I don't know where you get this anti bull, you must be getting something right about the wisdom. It looks like ya learned something already. Realistic evaluation of the situation puts you half way home.

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.