Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area? >

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

ORIGINAL: stretchhunts

ORIGINAL: gregholland

Could it be that people who hunt in areas that DO NOT allow baiting are just pissed and against baiting because they aren't able too? I used to be very leary of baiting until I did it. I love it!!!

Baiting will FOREVER BE LEGAL IN TEXAS!!!! And I love it.

no b/c there are real "hunters" LMFAO. You know the ethical type.

10-4 Stretch!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:26 AM

I chose no. Even at the start of January, Texas is in a drought and really dry. The deer don't have much to eat, so we feed them. There's no sense in letting them starve or something...and hunting over them isn't as easy as you may think (in my opinion). Coming to a feeder already makes them nervous, so even if you can get a close shot, you might spook them. Just my two cents.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:12 PM

I have no problem with it as longs as its legal. I dont own a feeder but I know several people who do. To each his own.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

The deer don't have much to eat, so we feed them. There's no sense in letting them starve or something...
So basically the deer are far beyond the carrying capacity of the land and can not survive without human intervention?

If that is truelly the case then you are doing nothing more than running a deer farm.

I can accept that fact, however that means that your experiences have little in common with hunting deer that actually survive naturally on their own without artificial feeding by humans.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Swamp Runner

I have no problem with it as longs as its legal. I dont own a feeder but I know several people who do. To each his own.

I quess you did'nt understand my post on Florida Baiting and Luring! You are correct, to each his own!
Old 01-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rebel,you did read ALL the handbook,note the exceptions.Game(except turkeys)CAN be hunted around year-round feeders as long as they have been there for six months.I hunt private land.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Fl, no big deal bro...what was throwing me off is this

ORIGINAL: FlDeerman

It's legal here,we do it and food plots and funnels and trails and anything I can think of.
It makes it sound if you are baiting funnels and trails.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, no I mean we have food plots,feeders,but I like to hunt the trails and funnels in my guilly suit sitting on the ground.I hunt the feeders with my grand kids,where seeing deer is more important than shooting one.I like to get eye to eye with them,that's where the big one's are.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: FlDeerman

LOL, no I mean we have food plots,feeders,but I like to hunt the trails and funnels in my guilly suit sitting on the ground.I hunt the feeders with my grand kids,where seeing deer is more important than shooting one.I like to get eye to eye with them,that's where the big one's are.

Yep! That's the way I feel also!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rebel,I think a lot of our Northern Brothers and Sisters misunderstand feeders here in the South.Up North where the ground is covered with snow and very little for the deer to eat theyWILL come for miles to a corn pile.Here since our winters can't compare,they may want corn or other feeds or they may not.It's not that big a deal to them.A late born fawn has just as much a chance to survive as a spring born one.We see them all the time with tiny fawns very late and they seem to be doing just fine.

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.