Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area? >

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
46.01%
No
53.99%
Voters: 276. You may not vote on this poll

Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Old 01-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

not fighting, just a perfectly healthy difference of opinions
Old 01-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stretchhunts
Wow another thread to divide hunters just like the dead deer in public thread. Gotta love the fighting and name calling.[&o]
Yep! I agree!
1. Again, baiting does NOT cause, or spread CWD!

2. Baiting IS NOT MAJIC! Those who think it is, probably NEVER have done it before, or have hunted over bait in an area where the deer are almost starving! Thats about the only way that deer would "run to the diner bell!"

3. Also, when someone speaks of "piles," of bait, sure isn't hunting around our area! Deer do not go for sour, piled corn, only hogs do!

4. Feeders ARE NOT "magnets!" Again, if deer are not STARVING, feeders DO NOT pull them away from their normal areas, or routes! My feeder is placed in WELL SCOUTED areas, where the deer are already travelling, or a little handfulls spread out on narrow trails, to stop them long enough for a decent shot!
Once again, S-L-O-W-L-Y.....
Legal= CHOICE
Illegal= NO CHOICE

Besides, a feeder is just a "condensed" corn crop!
Old 01-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just dont understand why I should make hunting harder.
When i fish I put a bait on my hook, I dont fish with a plain hook to make fishing harder.
why should I make hunting as difficult as possible ?
I have one objective and thats to kill a deer, anyway I can get there as long as it legal. If baiting is legal , you damn right I,m gonna bait. I really dont care if you think I'm less of a hunter.
When you can stalk a deer and kill it with a bow and arrow, get back to me, I have done it. Your not a hunter untill you can do that.
So dont sit in your 300$ tree stand, in your scent lock suit and camo clothing, looking at a food plot with a remchester magnum in your hands, with your decoy set out, saturated in tinks 69 and throw stones at people who bait.

Old 01-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

well if i used a feeder, i wouldn't need my tinks 69, scent lock suit, grunt tubes, rattling horns, magnum rifle, etc.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

well if i used a feeder, i wouldn't need my tinks 69, scent lock suit, grunt tubes, rattling horns, magnum rifle, etc.

BUSTED !
By your own admission, theres no difference. hah !
Your not a hunter, your making it to easy.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol, i was beeing a smart alek because of what you said. out of all honesty when i hunt i utilize camo, magnum rifle, tree stand...occaisionaly i'll bring a grunt tube. i don't use scents, cover scents, scent lock suits, i don't wash my clothes in non scented detergentor uv protectors...hell i even smoke in my stand! i rely on stand placement and i utilize my climbing tree stand by hunting high in the tree's to avoid being busted by a deers nose. i don't get all scientific when hunting because then it becomes too much like work. i hunt to relax and spend time outdoors, whether i get a shot at one or not. when hunting becomes like work, it is no longer any fun!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

we ALL share the same common bond and goals with this great sport, when i made this thread, i was just wanting to see everyone's point of views and get a good debate going. i was not intending to "divide" hunters and point fingers at everyone. everyone hunts different and has different opinions. just because i think baiting makes hunting too easy, i'm not saying anyone on here is any less of a hunter than i am. to me, if you hunt (legally), i consider you as a friend and hope that maybe you will learn something from me and my experiences that i post as i learn from all of you!
Old 01-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

we ALL share the same common bond and goals with this great sport, when i made this thread, i was just wanting to see everyone's point of views and get a good debate going. i was not intending to "divide" hunters and point fingers at everyone. everyone hunts different and has different opinions. just because i think baiting makes hunting too easy, i'm not saying anyone on here is any less of a hunter than i am. to me, if you hunt (legally), i consider you as a friend and hope that maybe you will learn something from me and my experiences that i post as i learn from all of you!
Camo, I agree with most of this last post.
JUST because some people disagree, or we debate issues, IS NOT always a BAD thing! That is whatthis board is for! Debating, sharing, learning, bragging, etc.

The VERY best place to debate styles, and methods, is at your local wildlife department hearings. That is where local laws will be changed!

Sometimes here, whetherwe realize it, or not, we DO go a bit too far!
Whether purposely, or accidently, we actually "put down," legal hunters with, "thats too easy," or "thats not hunting!"
Worst of all, is when someone calls someone a "poacher!"
Those are strong words!
As hunters, who share the common love for wildlife, and outdoors, that NO Anti could ever understand, we should reserve the word "poacher," for those who steal, defraud us, and otherwise, greedily, BREAK the LAW!
We should not use it against LEGAL hunters, trying to enjoy the outdoors! Even though we do not do things the same way they do it!
I willALWAYS defend your right to hunt inANY way, that is legal in your area, and I hope that we would all do the same! That is the ONLY way that hunting, and guns will survive!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually, I hunt both ways. When the acorn crop is good, I take full advantage of it. Deer are not much interested in a feeder when they can get fat on the white oak bombs that fall out of the trees.

Also, I can tell that a lot of the critics of hunting with a feeder obviously have never done it. On our land I bet it is harder to kill our four deer a year limit by onlysitting and watching a feeder than it is to kill 9 or 10 deer a year in a deer a day state like Alabama. That is why I utilize different types of hunting. To me it can get pretty boring watching a feeder especially when you may go a week or moreand not see a deer. Once you burn out a stand site, a feeder is not going to help much.

Unless the feeder is placed on an already scouted out travel route, all you will be feeding is hogs when the corn piles up and sours.

You willnot see a big buck at a feeder in the daytime. In fact, deer will go nocturnal around a feeder. That is when your chances are better hunting in a tree over trails, scrapes, rub lines, etc. That is probably the only way you are going to kill a good buck anyway.

My primary reason for huntingwith a feeder is to compete with the other land that borders our 500 acres because all of the other landis littered with them. It is kind of a necessary evil for me, but if hunting with feeders made hunting as easy a some people say, I would tag out the first week every year.

Actually, if easy hunting was a sin, I think it should be banned in a state likeAlabama.
If 25 or 30 year olds can already have 100-200 deer to their name, then maybe it is just a little too easy.

C. Davis

Old 01-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

I just dont understand why I should make hunting harder.
When i fish I put a bait on my hook, I dont fish with a plain hook to make fishing harder.
why should I make hunting as difficult as possible ?
I have one objective and thats to kill a deer, anyway I can get there as long as it legal. If baiting is legal , you damn right I,m gonna bait. I really dont care if you think I'm less of a hunter.
So do you fish with dynamite or a generator?

Quick Reply: Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.