Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

North Alabama and Southern Tennessee Get Together!

Old 12-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default North Alabama and Southern Tennessee Get Together!

I am thinking of organizing a North Alabama and Southern Tennessee get together after the Alabama hunting seasion ends ..maybe in mid February here in Huntsville... I think I would have it on a Saturday and make it a kind of a lunch thing ... that way a lot of us that are members of this forum could get together and meet ..share some hunting stories ..pictures ..you might even want to bring your favorite deer mount and show it off... we would enjoy a good lunch and just sit around and shoot the crap ... if you would be seriously interested please let me know ..if it seems there is enough interest I will persue getting this worked out .. now its not just limited to this area but most likely it would be the only ones that would want to attend ... let me know ...

dd

Old 12-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: North Alabama and Southern Tennessee Get Together!

hey Doc, i'd love to meet up BUT with my work (work schedule) and it being so far, i doubt i could make it. however it does sound like a good time.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

That would be very cool. I don't know how I could ever swing anything like that, but you could organize it, and I bet more and more people would find way to get to it from year to year.

The first year we could hold it in the Beaumont Texas area.

C. Davis
Old 12-24-2005, 01:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: C. Davis
C. Davis
Now CD you know that there is no such place as Beaumont,Texas! Nor southeast Texas, for that matter! Its fiction, and Rita was fictional too!
Besides,to get to DD's place in Alabama, from where-ever it is, that we're at, we'd have to go through the state of New Orleans

Seriously, DD, if my schedule allows, I'd sure like to be there!
I don't know about going that far though! CD, and I livemaybe 30 minutes apart, and we've never met! Perhaps CD, and I can get together,and make it Alabama!
Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2005, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

how about having it in NOLE country.....tallahassee, fl.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:49 AM

Doc, I'm in. It looks as if i'm the only one within your area right now.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

C. Davis
Now CD you know that there is no such place as Beaumont,Texas! Nor southeast Texas, for that matter! Its fiction, and Rita was fictional too!
Besides,to get to DD's place in Alabama, from where-ever it is, that we're at, we'd have to go through the state of New Orleans

I don't know about going that far though! CD, and I livemaybe 30 minutes apart, and we've never met! Perhaps CD, and I can get together,and make it Alabama!
Merry Christmas!
Frank,
I think one reason we didn't get noticed is because The President didn't cause our Hurricane, andour local politicians weren't so inept.. Well, before I get too far into all that.....It would really be interesting to meet everybody who meet here.

I don't know if you have been in the Gander Mountain in Beaumont, but I have been there a lot lately, and me may have been there at the same time.
One of these years, I would like to find another good place in the "Hill Country" to day lease. I did that a couple of years with a group of guys, and it was a lot of fun. If I ever get something like that organized and need another hunter I might try to contact you. Were we hunted, it was $100.00 a day, which is pretty cheap for that part of the country. It is usually a 3 day hunt. It is a whole different world than this part of the country in the piney woods. Of course I am probably not telling you anything you don't already know.

C. Davis
Old 12-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

C. Davis

Merry Christmas!
Frank,
I think one reason we didn't get noticed is because The President didn't cause our Hurricane, andour local politicians weren't so inept.. Well, before I get too far into all that.....It would really be interesting to meet everybody who meet here.

I don't know if you have been in the Gander Mountain in Beaumont, but I have been there a lot lately, and me may have been there at the same time.
One of these years, I would like to find another good place in the "Hill Country" to day lease. I did that a couple of years with a group of guys, and it was a lot of fun. If I ever get something like that organized and need another hunter I might try to contact you. Were we hunted, it was $100.00 a day, which is pretty cheap for that part of the country. It is usually a 3 day hunt. It is a whole different world than this part of the country in the piney woods. Of course I am probably not telling you anything you don't already know.

C. Davis
Well I dont know about what kind of deer hunting you guys have there but you got a HELL of a football team ....HOOK"EM HORNS ..BEAT those sissy TROJANS !!

ROLL TIDE
dd
Old 12-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

DD,
I moved down here in 1992. I group up in Arkansas, and I am still a big time Hog fan and SEC fan. They are pretty young right now. If they can put together a defense, next year Alabama will have a pretty tough time with them.

I am pulling for Texas in this one though. I grew up hating the Longhorns in the old Southwest Conference.

C. Davis
Old 12-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL C.D. if Bama can find an offense EVERYONE is going to have their hands full with the Tide !

dd

Quick Reply: North Alabama and Southern Tennessee Get Together!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.